Chapter 21: MMV

Hey fam, sorry for the slight delay on this chapter. For some reason I couldn't edit my story and I keep glitching out but disclaimer, I'm not blaming Wattpad for this, there was something wrong with my phone.

Anyways I don't want to keep you guys waiting so let's get on with the story....

Chapter 21: MMV

C A M I L A

"Are you serious?" I asked

"Missed me Evans?" He teased

I crossed my arms in annoyance. "If this is some sick joke just go away."

"Mila, I think he's serious. I'm pretty sure this is the punishment Principal James was talking about," Chloe said

"You knew about this and you didn't tell me?" I replied

"Mil, it's fine," Rye said

"Are we just gonna stand here and chit chat?" Ryder complained

"You clearly don't want to be here so you're free to leave," I snapped

Why did Principal James have to give him this punishment?

Chloe came up to me and whispered. "Mila please just let this slide, he can make Principal James punish you."

I sighed before saying. "Fine. You can work with us if you stop being such a douche."

"Yeah whatever, I'll just sit here and let you three do the work," He said before leaned back on the bleachers.

This is gonna be a long semester.....

-

Ryder was a pain as usual since just as I suspected, he didn't help us at all with the brainstorming for the Winter Formal's theme this year. There's so much more pressure this year since Principal James told us that a special guest is gonna be there.

Meanwhile, I'm chatting with Zach at the bleachers beside the football field who got even more protective over me after the accident and wouldn't let me go around campus without him or my other friends with me. Although I got guilty since Zach and Xian stopped talking to each other after the fight they had in my hospital room.

"Hows the planning for the formal going?" He asked

"Ugh. Principal James made his son work with us," I said through my gritted teeth

"That must've sucked dealing with the arrogant jerk," He replied. "Does your bruises still hurt? Do you need anything?"

"Zach I can handle myself you know, I'm not the same little naive girl you met years ago," I muttered

"I'm just trying to protect you as much as I can because you know that you're the lil sis I've always wanted," He said with that grin of his

"Ok, you need to stop before you get any cheesier," I half teased and he playfully rolled his eyes

I was gonna say something else when Ryder appeared in front of us. "Look at that, Parker steals my chick then goes off flirting with Evans."

Zach glared at Ryder. "I'm nothing like you James."

"Alright, let's settle this," Ryder said a smirk that meant he's planning something.

"Fine. What do you have in mind?" Zach said with a foreign look in his eyes

"Street race, 9pm tonight at the hideout," Ryder replied. "You should still know where it is."

What does he mean by that??

I ignored my suspicion and shot Zach a 'don't do it look' but he faced Ryder once again with an unreadable expression.

"What's in it for me?" Zach asked

"I'll back off Skylar," Ryder said which made my eyes widen with shock. "And a million dollar car. IF you win, when I win, I keep the car and you back off Skylar."

He's betting on leaving my cousin alone AND a really expensive car?!

Zach's reply shocked me. "Get ready to lose."

"You wish."

-

"Zach please don't do it," I pleaded with him for the hundredth time

I sat on Zach's bed while he kept pacing back and forth still thinking about how he could beat Ryder in the most illegal way possible.

"I'll be fine Cam. I'm pretty rusty but I think I can still be him if...." He trailed off before plopping on the spot next to me.

"If what?" I asked with concern

"If he's not part of that MMR crew the police have been trying to track down," Zach replied

"MMR crew?" I asked

"The MMR crew or the Maroon Maverick Racers have been hosting and doing illegal street racing for almost a decade now but the police haven't gotten a single clue to lead them to the secret hideout."

"Wait....... That must be the hideout Ryder was talking about but why did hey say...." I trailed off and looked at Zach with a serious expression. "You! You're part of the crew aren't you?!"

"Whoa slow down Cam! And relax, I was part of the crew but that was two years ago," He explained. "I only did it 'cause I was still depressed from the Skylar thing."

"I can't believe you hid that from me, you could've gone to jail! Why didn't you tell me before?!" I half shouted

"Because I knew you'd be like this. Look Cam, That was years ago, I know what I'm doing."

I had mixed emotions and didn't know what to do but I just sighed and said. "I care for you as much as you care for me Z and the whole MMV thing sounds really dangerous but I'll let you go in one condition."

Zach hugged me and I hugged him in returned. "Anything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question of the chapter: What do you guys think is Cam/Mila's one condition?

If you guys enjoyed/enjoying this chapter/story please give this book/chapter a vote😊

ClarissBree out✌️