Chapter 32: Sunset

Chapter 32: Sunset

C A M I L A

Ryder stood two feet away with his clothes dripping wet. His golden hair that is usually brushed up with hair gel was now hanging over his sapphire optics.

"What are you doing here?" We said in  unison

"Something's wrong with my ride," He explained shortly. "Guess those friends of yours aren't so friendly."

I glowered at him. "You know nothing about my friends."

"I don't need to get to know those losers to see that they don't care about you," He sneered

"They do, they're just.... Busy," I said unsurely. "I'll rather have bad friends than be stuck anywhere with you."

I knew that I achieved victory when I saw that smirk wiped off his face. It was the only good thing that actually happened to me today.

Serves him right for insulting my friends.

As I feel all these emotions rush at me, my legs suddenly turned into jelly which made me sit on the damp concrete floor. I pulled my phone out to see if I can call someone to pick me up but sadly, the battery's on one percent.

I faced Ryder who was surprisingly staring at me already. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"To see if you're actually a girl," he replied

I rolled my eyes. "I'm getting out of here."

"Can't you see it's raining?" He shouted behind me

I ignored Ryder's constant shouting as I got drenched by the rain. The weather was getting worse but I didn't care, all I cared about was to get to the band meeting and get away from Ryder.

Seconds later, I felt a hand on my arm which forcefully pulled me back. I spun and saw Ryder with a concerned look on his face that I've never seen before.

I freed my arm from his grasp before walking back under the eaves. He then stood beside me while he wrung out his brown leather jacket.

"You owe me ten thousand bucks," He in an annoyed tone

"Why did you stop me?" I asked

"Because you weren't thinking," He replied

I turned my head to face him. "Will you ever stop being such a douche?"

He grinned. "Course not. Why do you hate me so much anyway?"

"Because you're a typical airhead," I explained shortly

"You're gonna regret that soon enough," He said

"You asked so I answered," I replied. "What's so wrong about that?"

"Nothing. You just remind me of someone."

"One of your make out girls I guess," I said

"No, she's different," He answered

Those few minutes with Ryder seemed like a nightmare at first but turns out he wasn't that bad. He was still that campus jerk I bumped into but there was a different side of him that I actually bonded with.

We talked for what seemed like hours which turns out to be literal when I saw the gray clouds in the sky replaced by light colors blended together beautifully.

"I should go," I said before I got up on my feet

"I'll give you a ride home if you want," he offered

"Didn't you say there was something wrong with your ride?" I asked

He shrugged. "Well I-"

"Ryder do you know what I hate most?" I interrupted his excuse. "Liars. We could've gotten out of here hours ago if you didn't lie about your car."

"Yeah but-"

"Save your lies Ryder," I snapped. "For a minute I thought you changed but I was wrong. Because of you, I missed out on something important."

-

I was wandering aimlessly when I heard a door opening. Zach appeared shirtless on the pathway to his house. He then ran to me with no hesitation and embraced me tightly. I didn't return the gesture when I saw Skylar only wearing a sports bra and really short shorts.

"I must've interrupted something. I should just go," I said coldly

"Cam something's wrong and you promised to tell me everything," he replied

I opened my mouth to say something when Skylar stomped towards us with her arms crossed. She looked at me from head to foot with a disgusted look on her face. "You're so desperate."

"Just go home Skylar," Zach growled

"Zach can't you see how desperate she is? She's obviously obsessed with you," She said in a tipsy tone

"Sky are you drunk?" I asked

"Why do you care? This is my life and I can do whatever shit I want," she replied. "Why can't you stay the hell away from my boyfriend?"

Zach stood in between us before saying. "Leave her alone Skylar."

"Oh so now you're defending her instead of me," she said. "You are such a slut."

I couldn't handle it anymore, I didn't care if she was family or not. I just wanted her to stop. "ZACH DESERVES SOMEONE MUCH BETTER THAN YOU! WHY CAN'T YOUR PUNY BRAIN ACCEPT THE FACT THAT HE'S DONE WITH YOU!"

Unexpectedly, Skylar's eyes glanced over before she fainted and fell backwards. Luckily, Zach caught her in time and rushed her in his house.

Once we were in Zach's room, I instantly called 911 and explained what just happened. I was told to stop panicking because the ambulance was on the way but the image of my cousin's eyes glancing over still scared me.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my cousin's eyes glancing over yet again but this time, she was shaking uncontrolably.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question of the chapter: What do you guys think is happening to Sky? Comment down below😊

Please remember to hit that star down below😊

ClarissBree out✌