Chapter 30: Cool Off

S K Y L A R

I knocked on the Parkers' front door which was eventually opened by Mrs. Parker who welcomed me with a friendly smile.

"Skylar dear come on in," Mrs. Parker said before fully opening the door and letting me in.

I was about to make my way to the couch when I saw Zach shirtless and had his arms around what looked like a girl. My mind was going balistic at this sight so I immediately rushed to where they laid.

Surprisingly it wasn't just some girl, it was my cousin Camila in Zach's yellow Champion hoodie who had Zach's arms around her.

"Aren't they adorable?" Mrs. Parker said

"Mrs. Parker, did Zach tell you that we're back together?" I asked

Mrs. Parker's grin was replaced by astonishment. "Oh my, I'm sorry dear I was not aware of that."

"Oh uh Mrs. Parker can you tell Zach I dropped by?" I replied

"Of course," She said with a smile. "I cooked some pasta if you want any."

"I appreciate the effort ma'am but I'll be heading out now," I politely turned her down

Mrs. Parker looked slightly disappointed. "Oh alright, take care."

"You too Mrs. Parker," I replied before heading out

-

It's been fifteen minutes since I called my boyfriend to meet up with me at our favorite restaurant.

Why didn't he bother telling his mom? Why was he THAT close to my cousin?

"Trust Skylar trust, " I muttered to myself while anxiously drummed my fingers on the wooden table.

Seconds later, Zach finally arrived but I was surprised to see Camila trailing behind him. He beamed at me before sitting on the seat next to Camila.

"I was hoping we could talk," I said

Camila rose up. "I'll leave you two to talk then."

"Cam it's fine, I don't think it'll matter," Zach replied. "C'mon babe she's your cousin."

"Mila I love you and all but can I talk to my boyfriend alone please?" I said

"Sky she's staying," Zach argued

"Guys you don't have to fight over this, I'll leave," Camila chimed in and left before Zach opened his mouth to argue once again.

Once Mila was out of sight, Zach faced me with a scowl on his face. "Zach what is wrong with you?"

"I should be asking you that," He replied through his gritted teeth before he turned his head to look out a nearby window.

This was the first time I've ever seen him like this and it was scaring the heck out of me. I looked at how his eyes are darker than they usually are, how his jaw extremely tensed and for some reason, he seemed so distant it was like his body is right here with me but his mind is somewhere else.

"Look I know I can be a bitch but I have good reasons," I finally broke the silence

Zach faced me with a neutral expression. "Better be a good one this time since you kicked your cousin out,"

"Why are you being so cold all of a sudden?" I asked

"What do you mean?" He replied

"Stop acting dumb Zachary! Is this because of Camila?!" I cried out

The restaurant suddenly fell silent that all you could here was tick tock from the wall clock. "Skylar stop making a scene."

"So this is about her! How could you?!" I shouted

"It's not! So will you just stop blaming Cam for everything!" He shouted back

A loud bang from a door closing got everyone's- including mine and Zach's -attention. We all looked to the direction where we heard the noise and saw a middle aged man in a white chef's uniform.

"Both of you leave!" He shouted

It was pretty obvious that he meant Zach and I so the two of us pushed our chairs in before walking out of the restaurant. Once we were outside, Zach gave me a death stare.

"Are you happy now?" He growled

"Zach I never wanted us to be like this," I replied quietly

"We're here now all because you and your accusations!" He shouted

I reached for his arm but he immediately turned his back on me. "Zach I'm sor-"

"Don't even say that word again. You know exactly what you're doing and apologising won't do you any good," He said coldly

"It's just that Hayley and Natalie said-"

He turned his heel and faced me with a scowl. "Why the fuck are you letting them tell you what to do?"

"They're not! Do you know how uncomfortable it is for your boyfriend to be so close to your cousin who happens to be a girl? How he can sleep next to her with his arms around her while he's SHIRTLESS and say his girlfriend shouldn't worry?" I shouted

"You just have to accept the fact that she and I became close friends when you left!" He roared

My eyes started watering. "So now it's MY fault? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO BROKE UP WITH ME!"

"I HAD NO CHOICE! THEY WOULD'VE HURT YOU IF I DIDN'T!" He argued back

My scowl immediately vanished. "Who do you mean by they?"

"Forget it. I think we need to cool off," He said before he turned on heel and walked away

Zach....

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

C A M I L A

Ryder was once again absent for the third day in a row. The Winter Formal was coming up and he still hasn't done anything to help. Luckily, Chloe came up with a great theme which is a modernized masquerade ball.

At this moment, all the sophomores are practicing the dance Chloe, Rye and I choreographed for the upcoming event.

I switched partners and was surprised when I saw Zach forcing a smile. "I thought you weren't coming today."

"Yeah well I ain't gonna stay at home eating a gallon of ice cream and watching Mean Girls," He joked which cracked a smile on my face

"But seriously are you ok?" I asked

"Don't worry about me," He reassured me

"Everyone we have someone to welcome back," Dean James' voice boomed from the now opened entrance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question of the chapter: Who do you guys think came back? Comment down below😊

Please remember to leave a vote😊