Chapter 4: The Vocalist or The Player

Hello my amazing readers😊 Thanks so much to alliedavis713 and KJAlternative for voting for the first three chapters😊 Also to FarhanaNazir for voting😊Thanks to you amazing people my first ever story is on #46 jerk😊

I'll be starting a #Followeroftheweek which I will give one of my amazing followers a shoutout and much more😊 To enter: Follow me up top and vote for your favorite chapter on my novel😊

Anywayyyy enough talking, let's get on to the story......

Chapter 4: The Vocalist or The Player

C A M I L A

Tuesday, January 7th 1:30 pm.

I made my way to the music room since there isn't much to do for free period considering that my three other friends had other classes. I sat on one of the circular seats and took a guitar that looked like someone spray painted on it but looked good at the same time. It's been awhile since I've played a song on a guitar but I started to strum the tune of the last song I've played which was Jocelyn Flores by XXXTentatation.

"I know you so well, so well. I mean I can do anything he can. I've been pretty......" I got to the chorus when I heard someone clapping behind me. I turned my position to see Zach leaning against the door frame with a grin on his face.

He sat on the seat next to me and turned to face me. "Hey rockstar. Jocelyn Flores right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm not as good as you though," I replied and he playfully rolled his eyes

"Why don't you audition for X4?" He asked and I shrugged. "Don't tell me you're gonna join b-ball."

"What? No course not. Captain Jerk doesn't want me on the team," I explained and let out a sigh

It's true though. Even though I bet him I know that he was bluffing about the whole 'I'll be on the team if I beat him' thing. I wonder when Mr. Fox will get tired of asking me whether I want to join the team or not. He's been asking ever since he saw me shoot from the halfway line during freshman year.

"Jerk doesn't but coach does. I still think you'd make a sick vocalist," He nudged me and I gave him a sly smile

I rolled my eyes before I replied. "Alright Parker. I'll audition but I might not get in."

"Wow. I, Zach Parker got the smartest and uncontrolable girl aka Camila Evans to finally sing again," He said and I rolled my eyes

"Don't flatter yourself Zach," was all I said before Zach and I left the music room together.

-

Zach and I entered the auditorium with the guitar I was playing slung on me with a black strap. I spotted Xian, Jared and Kyle seated behind a table with serious looks on their faces. Other people who I don't recognise was seated on white plastic chairs in front of the guys' table while a brunette girl playing a song on a ukelele was standing in front of the three X4 members.

Zach had to sit with them but before he left me, he handed me a folded white piece of paper. I opened it up which said:

Cam,

Do great kay? Cheering you on ;)

Z

I smiled at the note before stuffing it in my pocket. Without warning, someone called me by my name. I turned to see the four members of X4 beaming at me.