Chapter 35: The Reason Part 2

Hey guys😊 Sorry for making ya'll wait for so long but the important thing is this chapter is finally published.

Anyway let's get on to the chapter....

Chapter 35: The Reason Part 2

C A M I L A

Zach wasn't able to finish his sentence when the door hastily opened and a frightened Skylar appeared before us. At the exact moment, the living room was filled with my brothers' panicked voices. My attention went back to Skylar who still looked paler than usual.

"Mila, Uncle Mike he's he's-" She said wheezily

"Sky I don't have time for one of your pranks," I replied

"I'm serious!" She screeched. "Uncle Mike's in the hospital."

"WHAT?! How?! Why?!" I panicked

"He got into an accident then-"

"We have to get there now."

I stopped the tears that was forming in my eyes and promptly rushed to the hospital in Zach's auto.

I was snapped back to reality when I saw a sign that has 'hospital' marked on it. Zach and I made our way to reception where we regrouped with my cousin and brothers.

Once we knew where my dad is confined, Zach, Skylar, Connor and Miles insisted that I can have some time alone with Dad. I jogged to his room and knocked on the door before letting myself in.

I felt half relieved when my dad greeted me with a grin. I shut the door behind me before sitting beside my dad and giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Will you be okay dad?" I asked quietly

He tried turning his body to face me but he stopped and flinched in pain. "Of course I will."

As the seconds turn into minutes, all the memories I had with my dad replayed in my head like a slideshow. From the happy ones to the sad ones, the old from the new until I realised one thing:

Why don't I have memories with a complete family?

-

Today seemed to be getting worst because I was called to Dean James's office the moment I got to school. Surprisingly, Ryder wasn't in his father's office which was usually where he spends most of the day.

After getting a growling from Dean James, Axel entered the room with a face that brightened up the room.

"Ms. Evans, I am assigning you to make Mr. Miller's stay here in West Side High as smooth as possible," Dean James clarified

"What do you mean Dean James?" I replied tensely

"As you know, Alexander's occupied with his buzzing career which means he needs someone to help him keep up," Dean James said. "This means that you will have to take notes for him when he can't get to class and so on."

"Noted Dean James," I said. "When do I start?"

Dean James laced his fingers and said. "Right now."

I gulped. I never thought this would actually happen.

The moment Axel and I walked out of Dean James's office, a crowd of girls with banners and crazed looks on their faces ogled at him.

As the crowd grew, I heard a provoking high pitched voice which could only belong to Hayley. My hunch was confirmed when the stuck up Regina George wanna-be showed up in a black cropped top, the shortest pencil skirt I've ever seen, a Gucci bag and silver 6 inch heels.

"Hey Axel, I'm Hayley and yes that's Hayley as in the niece of your manager," she gave him a flirtatious smile. "Oh and don't worry about those desperate hoes. I'll make sure Dean James finds out that they aren't where they're suppose to be."

"I'm pretty sure you should be somewhere else too Hayley," I spoke up which earned a death stare from her

"Know your place you fake biatch," She snapped

"Don't talk to her that way," Axel stepped in. "Let's go Camila."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of the girls from the crowd filming the whole thing.

I caught up to Axel and whispered. "Someone was filming it."

"I know. That's why I told Dean James about my plan."

Strangely, it was as if Axel has been on this campus countless of times because of they way he confidently led the way.

We stopped in front of a door with a sign that read 'Out of Service' and went in. The room was filled with brown boxes  that were marked by what was in them.

Axel went through the box that had all kinds of wigs in them and picked out the dirty blonde one. He then dug in the box with clothes in it and took out a black hoodie and denim jeans.

"This isn't the time to change your outfit! We're gonna be late for class!" I said windily

"Look I'm saving your personal life so you should be thanking me," he started taking off his shirt which automatically made me turn around. "You sure you wanna miss your chance of seeing me shirtless?"

"I'm not interested," I replied tightly. "Can you hurr-"

I stopped at mid sentence when I whirled around and got a glimpse of Axel who looked doubtlessly like Ryder.

Hopefully whatever he's planning will work....

-

Zach and I went straight to the hospital after school since it was my turn to be there with my dad. I was dazed when the receptionist said that there was a middle aged woman who visited Dad an hour ago and is still in his room.With that being said, I sped walked to his room and bursted in without knocking on the door.

A few feet in front of me were my two brothers with bloodshot eyes and a tall lean woman in expensive clothing that shares most of my physical features.

The next word that came out of my mouth shocked me. "Mom?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question of the chapter: Why do you guys think Cam/Mila's mom came back? Comment down below😊

Please remember to vote😊

Thanks for 1.88k reads fam!💖

ClarissBree out✌