Chapter 12: Lock screen

What is up my amazing readers! Not spoiling anything but I'm sure you ZaMila fam out there would love this chapter💛

The #followeroftheweek is....... pobreloba!💛 Thanks of the votes btw😊

On with the story........

Chapter 12: Lock screen

C A M I L A

I was shocked to see Zach sitting on the concrete with his head leaning back against the wall behind him.  The huge grin on his face was replaced by a serious yet hurt look. It hurt to see my best friend like that so I walked over and sat next to him.

"You really want to get suspended because of me huh," He said, with his voice cracking

"Why are you here?" I asked him and he faced me with a huge frown on his face.

"Is James really all that?" He asked and I shook my head immediately

With that being said I knew the source of the problem, Sky. "You're much better than him if you ask me."

Zach gave me a sly smile before frowning again. "Then why did she choose that playboy over me? She said that she doesn't want to hurt me but she chose him." He explained

A pang a guilt hit me. "Last night she told me that she's willing to give you another chance but...."

Zach turned his head and looked up at the cloudy blue sky again. "But she can't trust me again after what happened. I get it now."

"There's other fish in the sea Zach. I'm sure you'll find someone else," I tried reassuring him but it didn't work.

"A metaphor won't help Cam. Sky's the first girl I've ever fallen for," Zach said, looking the saddest he's ever been. "Shit, now I sound like a love sick guy that got rejected by a girl."

A small smile crept on my face. "As your best friend, it's my duty to cheer you up."

A crooked smile formed on Zach's face, which usually meant he's got something planned. "Know what will cheer me up?"

He took my phone and took a picture of himself before getting his phone out and taking a picture of me. I put my left hand over my eyes and smiled. Zach gave me back my phone which was on camera roll showing a picture of him with the same pose as me. I noticed the cat emoji with heart eyes at the right corner of the picture.

"That's your new lock screen," He said with that crooked smile

I rolled my eyes at him. "And what's yours?"

He held up his phone in front of me which showed my picture with the same emoji on his as the new lock screen of his phone. "What did you think it was?"

I coudn't help but smile. "You know, this is the cheesiest thing you've ever done."

"Consider yourself lucky, you're the only I've ever put as my lock screen," he said in a teasing tone before he rested his head on my left shoulder. "Love you Elizabeth."

I rested my head on top of his. "Same here Anthony."

-

Another bad thing happened today that almost bet the ruined project thing. I had to go see Mr. James in his office for a lecture about my grades since I flunked arts class and I got a B on two of my classes that I missed.

Today went by so fast that the end of school bell rang seconds after biology class ended. I got to hitch a ride in Zach's car since my two brothers got a half day at school because they had to pack for a junior and senior camp.