BUT

Yoongi finished making his latest rounds and sat down for a few brief minutes.

"How long is your shift today ?" The nurse, chanhee asked.

"12 hours, I'm almost done " Yoongi replied as he read the clock saying it was already 7 PM.

" ugh that's rough," Chanhee replied.

"Tell me about it," Yoongi chuckled. Honest to God he was so tired and this last hour seemed to be moving so slowly.

It was torture.

He had to someone make this hour pass by faster so he took out his phone infront of the other nurses and began to play with it.

He started playing Mario kart but after a while he got bored and went on Twitter. There wasnt anything too interesting.

Once he looked at the clock only 10 minutes had passed.

Yoongi sighed in the frustration.

He might die before this shift would end, he thought to himself.

He grabbed a random stack of papers and started filing things into the computer. One of the nurses was super messy and it complicated everything. He wasnt doing it out of kindness but out of boredom.

Once he finished one of the many stacks his hands kinda ached. He looked at the clock and finally, he only had 10 minutes left of his shift.

He stood up from the chair and stretched a bit.

He checked on his patients vitals one last time and then clocked the fuck out.

He waved goodbye to his coworkers and started making his way out of the huge hospital.

He had texted jungkook to pick him up but the younger never replied.

Yoongi ended up using an uber to get home.

His feet dragged of how tired he was but he didnt care about how tired he was at the current moment becuase in a few minutes he would be in the comfort of his apartment, in his bed soundly asleep. At least that what he told himself as he busied himself unlocking the door.

To a slight suprise jungkook was in his apartment. He was on the couch chilling.

"Why didnt you pick me up?" Yoongi asked as he shut the door behind him. Taking his shoes off in the process.

"Sorry I forgot to reply but I was kinda busy," Jungkook replied.

"Doing what ?" Yoongi asked as he sat down next gguk and laid his head on the others shoulder.

Jungkook leaned his head against the others.

"Work,"

Yoongi merely nodded.

" I have bad news," jungkook said.

"What ? What's wrong ?" Yoongi said, taking his head off jungkook's shoulders, obviously alarmed.

"Its about my work, in a week or less they will have me do a one year project out of the country." Jungkook replied.

"You cant say no?" Yoongi asked.

The look yoongi was jungkook made him hat himself for having this job and not having any other option but to listen to his boss.

"I cant baby, they'll fire me." Jungkook replied somberly.

"Okay, well we can make it work right ?"

"I want to,"

"Okay then let's make it work. " Yoongi replied.

"But it's not the easy, I dont want to hurt your feelings in the one year we will have apart."

"I mean you're still going to get days off, I can go visit you and vice versa."

" Maybe, but it's more complicated," Jungkook said as he ran his hand through his hair.

" Maybe you want to break up, if so just day it." Yoongs replied. He was clearly putting a strong facade, jungkook could clearly see pass it. His eyes started to get glossy.

Jungkook felt like shit but he needed Yoongi to the strong one. Even if it was facade the older was putting Jungkook could never leave him if yoongi actually begged him or showed him his true feelings.

" I love you, but it might be the best choice. I really dont want hurt you." Kook said as he stood up from the couch.

"You dont want to hurt me yet your breaking up with me. Fucking ironic. Okay goodluck on your trip. Get out of my house." Yoongi replied. A stray tear rolling down his cheek.

Yoongi needed Jungkook to leave as soon as possible he was on the verge of breaking down.

"I'll bring a box with your stuff sometime next week. Please dont hate me Yoongi hyung,  I'm doing this becuase I love you." Jungkook said as he walked towards the door.

"Just leave jeon," Yoongi replied. Refusing to make eye contact with the other.

The younger did as he was told. The clack of the door was heard and yoongi was alone to himself.

Only then he let himself cry.

-

lowkey teared up whole writing this sbdbsh