🔘 Chapter 36: I Got You, You Got Me

Jaysean's Pov

"Man you better stop staring at me like that and eat your damn chicken" I laughed taking a sip from my water

"And how exactly am I starting at you?" Leo asked smirking as he moved a piece of his hair from his face.

"Like you want me to grab your ass out of that chair, take you to the back and fuck you so, all these other white folks can here" I hummed smirking.

"Damn you" he whispered finally looking away as his face flushed red.

"You okay?" I asked smiling.

"Just be quiet for a moment" he muttered trying to collect himself.

While he was doing that I took him in. He was sexy as hell. Everything about him drew me in. I was the type of person that looks mattered but, not as much as a good ass personality. I needed someone who I could vibe with and Leo was just like that. He was genuine and real. Nothing about him was fake.

"You okay?" he asked pulling me from my thoughts.

"We actually need to talk" I sighed leaning back in my chair.

"About what?" he questioned looking at me skeptically.

"You remember that call I got earlier" I mumbled.

"Yeah" he replied.

"It was my sister, Melody. She misses me and was asking when I was coming home. After my dad died, we became really close. I'd kill someone over her and with how things are up there, she needs me" I explained.

"So you're going back?" he muttered.

"I don't wanna but, I have to. My life is up there. I just can't leave my sister and my mother alone. This wasn't going to be forever" I murmured.

"I know. I guess I forgot after a while" Leo sighed.

"Me too. That phone call was a damn reality check. I've never was the type of nigga to run from my problems. Coming down here, I did exactly that. I need to face the music" I explained.

"I understand. Excuse me" he whispered standing up and leaving the restaurant.

"Fuck" I cursed throwing money on the table for the check and following him.

When I got outside, I saw Leo leaning against the hood of his truck. Walking over, I placed my hand on his shoulder but, he just shrugged it off.

"Chill. You say you understand and then pull this shit" I hissed staring at him.

"I said I understood not, that I liked it. I'm pissed off Jaysean!" he snapped.

"Baby-" I started.

"Don't call me that. It's just making this fucking harder. When are you leaving?" he questioned angrily.

"Leo we can talk about this shit later" I muttered trying to change the damn subject.

"Answer the question Jay" he urged glaring at me.

"Shit, I leave tomorrow" I breathed looking away from him.

"Fuck" he groaned running a hand through his hair as he glanced away from me.

Now usually when people got upset it didn't affect me. Like I wasn't cold-hearted or some other bullshit. I just believed showing your feelings allowed people to see your weakness. I wasn't cool with that.

Which is why it bothered me so much when I almost cried in front of Leo on the anniversary of my father's death. Your never supposed to see a nigga from the hood cry. We tried to keep that bullshit private. Now he wasn't crying but, seeing how upset Leo was made me feel some type of way.

"Hey come here" I hummed pulling him over and giving him a hug. He reciprocated it and stayed quiet while I held him.

"I wish you could stay" he stated stepping back a little so, I could see his face.

"Me too. This trip wasn't as fucked up as I thought it would be. Plus y'all didn't try to turn me into a damn slave with a teacup. I consider that a success" I muttered.

"You play too much" he laughed but, I could still tell he was sad.

"I'm a sorry baby" I breathed.

"You don't need to apologize. It's like you said, your life is up there. You can't just abandon it. Temporary was all this was" he sighed.

"We aren't though. I'm going to miss you" I confessed touching his hair.

"I got you and you got me, right?" he spoke staring at me.

"Damn straight" I chuckled before kissing him.

When I came down here I didn't know what I wanted. I came from the hood where absent fathers, crackheads, and police shootings were like bills. Always there. I expected the worst, straight bullshit. Trust the bullshit was there but, I got Leo to keep my mind off of it. He was unexpected.

He was exactly what I needed to get a reality check. So far it hasn't been easy and I don't see shit lightening up anytime soon but, I'm ready. We survived a Texas Rollercoaster so, whatever comes next can kiss my black ass.

THE END

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

So this is the end. There will be a sequel or part two. These two still have a lot left to go through. Plus a lot of you want to see Leslie catch them hands. I really enjoyed writing this first half. You all accepted this story better than I was expecting. Hopefully, you enjoy the next one as well.

What do you want to see in Part 2?

VOTE/COMMENT

P.S. It's called New York Carousel.

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂