🔘 Chapter 33: Love On The Brain

Jay's Pov

After the talk with mom, I needed some space

After the talk with mom, I needed some space. I understood where she was coming from but, I could handle myself. Besides choosing to be with a female was a cop-out. I liked who I liked and if bothered someone than they could kiss my black ass. I was tired of apologizing for shit I couldn't change, whether it was the color of my skin or who I liked to fuck.

I decided to just head up to my bedroom and go to sleep. Leo wasn't here and there was no one else in this house that I wanted to talk to. He was the only one I wanted around me and not just at this moment but, all the time.

When I got to the room, I took off my shoes and started to change into something more comfortable. I was pulling on a pair of sweats when my phone started going off. Glancing at the caller ID, I saw Leo's name flash across the screen.

"Hey baby" I answered.

"Hey. I wanted to call and check up on you" he breathed.

"Hmm, what about all that space bullshit you were talking earlier? You starting to miss me?" I chuckled pulling up my pants and laying back on the bed

"Just because I asked for space that doesn't mean I stop caring about you stupid" he replied.

"I know. How'd it go with you, and your raggedy-ass daddy?" I questioned.

"Fine. I mean, I still don't forgive him but, I understand. It's just going to take a while to move past everything. There is so much bad blood between us. I don't think we will ever be able to recover what our relationship was before the affair and divorce" Leo told me. I could tell from the tone of his voice he was upset.

"At least you tried. At the end of the day, it isn't your fault, it's him and he knows it" I sighed.

"Yeah. I just want to put all this behind us. Carrying all that resentment and anger towards him was taking its toll. I think it is part of the reason why I stayed away from relationships" he confessed.

"And what about now?" I asked.

"Now, the only relationship I want is with you" Leo whispered sexily turning me on.

"Fuck. When are you coming back?" I groaned.

"Probably tomorrow. He wants us to hang out together. Catch up on lost time" he explained.

"That sounds cool and all but, you and I need to catch up on lost time" I hummed.

"Another day won't kill you" he laughed.

"Whatever" I muttered.

"How did it go down with your mom?" he questioned.

"Aight. We on the same page sort of. I don't think she accepts me all the way. I mean she asked why I don't just stick with fucking females. I'm not gonna press it any further. At the end of the day, I've always been 100 with who I am. It's up to her. I ain't gonna stress about it" I breathed.

"Well at least y'all talked" he muttered.

"We did so, that means this whole space shit is over," I told him.

"Well I don't know maybe a few weeks apart-" Leo started.

"Man don't make me pull up and remind you who I am," I said smacking my lips.

"And who is that pray tell?" he questioned chuckling a little.

"The one that has you moaning an shit in the bedroom. Don't act like you don't know" I hummed.

"Hmm who says your the only one?" he murmured causing me to sit up real fucking quick.

"What the fuck did you just say? Stop playing, I will beat a niggas ass, son" I snapped my New York accent coming out really thick.

"That was sexy as hell" Leo whispered.

"Man you play too much. Had me over here bout to catch a case" I groaned rubbing my head as he laughed on the other line.

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you when I get back" he told me.

"Damn right" I responded.

"Okay, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow" he sighed.

"Okay...Love you" I replied not even thinking. I mean the shit just slipped out.

"Uh...What did you just say?" Leo asked obviously shocked and so was I. I've never said that to anyone outside of close friends and family.

"Nothing. Bye" I breathed hanging up.

I dropped my phone on the bed and just laid back thinking about what just happened. A couple of minutes later my phone went off and I knew it was Leo but, I didn't want to talk. I didn't even want to think right now. I just needed to sleep.

I mean did I regret saying it? No, because I knew it was the truth. I just wasn't ready to say it. To speak it means it's real. I didn't know if I was ready for that or maybe I was and this was just fear. It was confusing as fuck which is why I turned my phone off and went to sleep. It was tomorrow's problem.

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

So, this is how this went. I didn't plan on it ending this way but, I kinda like it. Next, up is Leslie's grimy self? But how do we feel about Jay saying I love you first? Even though he is confused asf about it. How will Leo react?
This book will be ending soon. I think in like two more chapters.

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋