Chapter Seven

We circle gravestones and walk on crunchy paths as we made our way to the center of the cemetery where the Heiler family grave site. Each stone in the center had a name: Emily Bailey- Ackermann, Ryker Ackermann, Lisa Ackermann, Jon Ackermann, Jazmine & Jessamine Ackermann, Sally & Jacksyn Ackermann...and the last three were Lily Ackermann, Jürgen Ackermann, and Aimi Arakawa-Ackermann. I scoffed and ripped up the last stone from the earth, instantly covering the area with loose dirt we carried in a bag. I knew nothing was buried anywhere around here. I had everyone's ashes at home. Mom's, dad's, my twin cousins' and my aunt and uncle's, Gram and Gramps, my step-mom's and half-brother's. They were all stored in a separate urn, and I had a vile where I added a pinch of their ashes. It was wrapped around my neck with some silver vines wrapping it nicely.

Haruto wrapped his hand around mine and squeezed it reassuringly as I sniffled and denied the tears from falling. I wound an arm around his shoulders and hugged him close to me, Aimi snuggling in my other side before she fell to her knees and cried, apologizing over and over for not coming sooner. She mentioned that she loved them and missed them very much and also how she had finally found her SoulMate. I smiled wryly as I looked down at Haruto before looking back at my parents. "Same here, mum and dad. Haruto is the best thing to happen to me, and Aryka is the best thing to happen to Aimi. I'm glad to have been alive long enough to find him. I may not like how my immortality came to be, but I am proud of the fact that I am destined to love a boy as sweet as Haruto is, even if he doesn't always show how much he cares for his friends at school.

I finally found the Ficker who had killed you guys as well as turned me and Aimi. Soon, I will have avenged you guys like I had promised. I also found his weakness. Apparently he has a mate named Sarah, who is expecting soon. I am going to take the child once they are born, and then I'm luring him back here so I can get rid of him once and for all. The poor girl doesn't know how to get away from him without being founded and brought back to his home. I'm gonna talk to her when we return and tell her of the plan I will have her transferred to the hospital I passed on to the Abel Family. (Ficker, fūcker, German.)

I haven't checked up on the hospital in awhile so I'm thinking of stopping by and roaming the halls, checking up on the patients and current doctors working there. I also wanna go into the vault. There's something I want in there I want to give someone. I still need a certain someone's blessing before it happens, but it won't matter whether they reject or accept because we will have mated before we leave this place. We're staying at home for Christmas, but were heading back home the day after New Years passes in America.

I love you guys. See you guys soon." I gripped Haruto's hand as I stepped away from the gravestones, eyes shining with unshed tears. Haruto squeezed my fingers, as if telling me he wasn't leaving.

Aimi said some heartfelt apologies about the few decades she never once stopped by to visit. Later, she broke down and Aryka wound up having to drag her back to the house and into her bedroom. I took Haruto to our shared room and lied on the bed, wrapping my arms around his small waist. Haruto curled into me, gripping to my shirt tightly as he pressed kisses to my cheeks and lips, brushing his soft lips over my jawbone as he comforted me. I didn't really need it, but I allowed him to anyway, since he was just looking out for me.

I pulled the blanket up to our chins and we fell asleep, tears glistening on our cheeks.

━━━━━━━ •★• ━━━━━━━

I woke up to a cry. Jumping out of bed, I see that the presenting Omega had wandered out of bed and was in the bathroom. I ran in to find him on the floor holding his ankle. I chuckled under my breath as I scooped the tiny boy into my arms, carrying him out into the bedroom where I laid him on the bed. He sat up and rubbed the soreness. "Sorry for waking you up. I was trying to use the bathroom without arousing you."