Chapter Five

I awoke to giggling, and I opened my eyes to see Aimi and Stefan sitting across the room staring at us with big grins.

"What time'zit?" I groggily asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I shifted gently as to not wake the still-sleeping raven on my chest.

"Almost dinner time for Stefan, gramps, and Haruto if he's staying here."

I grabbed my phone without looking at the ravenette and dialed Haruto's mother's house.

"Hello? Is everything alright, Kylan?"

"Yes, everything's fine, Jacinthe. I just wanted to let you know that I will return Haruto to you on his birthday. I didn't want you to think I was stealing him away forever. I want to take him to Germany so he can meet my parents."

"Oh! Of course! That sounds fine. You kids have a great Christmas. You can return him the day after if you want to stay with your parents on Christmas."

"Okay, I will. Thanks. And tell the little ones hi for me?"

"Kids! Kylan says 'hi'!" I heard Jessa and Jarvis scream back replies and I laugh at their enthusiasm.

"I'll let you get back to the kids. Haruto's still sleeping and I need to get up and make us some dinner. It's my night to cook." I smiled as Haruto shifted and muttered my name silently in his sleep, his hands gripping at my shirt tightly, like he was afraid I would leave him while he slept.

"Of course, dear. Have a wonderful night. I'll see you after Christmas!"

"Same here. Merry Christmas, Jacinthe." I hung up after she said goodbye. I gently moved Haruto onto his side on the sofa, and I stood up stretching out all the tense muscles in my body as I walked into the kitchen. I got out some cheese, hamburger meat, cottage cheese, lasagne noodles, tomato sauce, different types of Italian herbs, and salt. I defrosted the meat and cooked it on the stove on medium-high on the stove-top before I filled a pot with warm water and a dash of salt before setting it down to boil. Once it was ready, I plopped in the noodles and set it on the medium setting so it wouldn't spill over the edge as it boiled. I stirred every once in a while to keep it from sticking together and I mixed the cheeses together. I blended the tomato sauce, herbs, and meat together before setting them aside and draining the noodles. I prepared everything in a baking pan before sprinkling a thick layer of Mozzarella Cheese on top of the dish before putting it into the oven and cooking it on a good 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

I served and set three place settings, one for Grandpa, Stefan, and Haruto since me and Aimi would most likely pour a few bags of A (my preferred type) or AB (Aimi's preferred type) into a cup and warm it up before drinking it for dinner.

Haruto sat down first and waited patiently for Grandpa and Stefan to sit. Aimi and I prepared our own...meals...before I sat beside Haruto, hand in his, and Aimi sat across from us between Stefan and Grandpa. Haruto's eyes widened when he saw me and Aimi sat in our chairs with obvious glasses of blood while Stefan and Grandpa just bowed their heads. I said Grace and we all started eating.

When we were finished, Aimi and Stefan both took dishes duty since I had cooked and I sat on the loveseat with Haruto in my lap, my hands carding through his soft hair.

"Do Stefan and your Grandpa not mind what you are?" Haruto whispered, his face pressed against my chest.

I smiled and pressed a kissed his temple sweetly. "No, they don't. They are actually the first humans I had told. Evelyn would be the second...or third?...person I told. You are the third...or fourth, I forget..."

Haruto reached up and kissed my cheek. "Thank you for trusting me. I really appreciate it."

I stroked along his spine, pressing small kisses along his cheek and forehead, causing him to giggle from the action. "Stop! Kylan! That tickles!" I laughed and kissed his nose, tickling his waist as he giggled uncontrollably in my arms.