Chapter Three

After four months of meeting the midget, I weaseled myself deeper and deeper into the new boys heart making me harder and harder for him to shake off. He eventually gave up on trying to get rid of me, agreeing to become my friend.

I had a massive weight off my shoulders after the day I met the shortie: I finally told Evelyn what I was and how I really felt for Haruto. She accepted me immediately, wanting to do some tests and experiments. I told her off gently and agreed to write a huge report about myself. I finished it in two days and turned it in to her. She got really excited and her eyes shone, as if she had "fallen madly in love" with the packet of words full of my history. I knew nothing about Aimi and Hans, but Evelyn now knew to stay away from the blond vampire knowing full well what he had done to me centuries before.

I was still deciding when I should tell Haruto about me and about what he was to me, but Aimi and Stefan said it would be best to tell him after graduation. I finally agreed and went back to befriending the smaller male. I was happy when he said he wanted to be friends after me asking nonstop for three days. I didn't know if it was a real answer or if he just wanted to shut me up.

My heart broke when he said we could be friends, but only if I shut up and let him be. I promised and let him go back to his project. We were writing essays for Mr. Daw's English IV class. My essay was on Shakespeare. I knew just about everything about him since I helped him write "The Raven" and "Romeo and Juliet". They came to be wonderful masterpieces along with all of his other plays, sonnets, poems, and stories. Haruto was focusing more on Leonardo da Vinci. I met the man once and he was great company. I was quite surprised when he showed off his inventions and became famous for the invention of the flying machine, or known today as the airplane.

I had just about finished my essay and was going to the back room in the library to print it when Haruto's scent stopped me. It was getting sweeter. It was Christmas Break, and soon I wouldn't be able to see him as much as I'd like to. I was going to head to Germany and visit my parents' grave, as well as tear out the gravestone with my sister's name on it.

"Hey, Haruto? I never asked, but when is your 18th birthday?" If he is turning 18 soon, and he is my mate; therefore, a vampyre's mate and even though he is human; he could still fall into a heat.

"New Year's Day, why you asking brat?"

I blanched at the answer. New Year's Day?! That's in less than three weeks! "Really? That's cool." I didn't know what to say after that, but when the printing machine beeped, I ran and grabbed my typed essay. I walked back to where Haruto and I sat, stuffing the stapled papers into a folder.

I saw Haruto look at me with a raised brow. "You're already done with the assignment?" He had a look of disbelief in his eyes, but at the same time they squinted and his mouth sat in a firm line, nose wrinkling cutely like a little bunny. He sneezed a second later, and I gasped silently. Even his sneezes are adorable. I internally fanboy at his cuteness, letting a large grin spread on my lips as I looked down at him. "That was cute." I confessed in a low voice, chuckling.

"No it wasn't. Shut up, ガキ." Haruto mumbled under his breath as he took a tissue from his pocket and wiped his nose, throwing it away as he sanitized his hands with germ-x. (Gaki, kid.)

I lifted my hands up in surrender, smiling widely at his adorable reaction. "You really are a clean freak, Haruto!"

"Dirtiness is disgusting. People really need to learn how to clean properly." Haruto huffed and shut his computer, disappearing into the backroom and reappearing with a thick packet in his hands.

"You done as well, I see?" I teased, point his cheek as I picked my bag up and hoisted it on my shoulders. Haruto clicked his tongue and put his essay in his own folder before grabbing his things and walking to the entrance. I followed after, grinning and skipping lightly behind. I looked down at the dark-haired boy, hiding the worry in the back of my mind as I paced quietly with my SoulMate down narrow hallways to room 54 where Professor Daw was at.