Ohana means family (Team)

Y/n's pov

I got called up for my first cap with the uswnt and I almost told Jill no just because of all the things going on back at home. I'm still in high school I'm actually in my senior year and I don't know how but somehow Jill managed to see some film of me playing because the next thing I know i'm on a flight to Charlotte North Carolina for a few friendlies as apart of their victory tour from winning the Women's World Cup. I take a deep breath as I meet Jill outside of the hotel.

"Hello Y/n I'm so glad you could join us for these few games. I have watched a few of your games over film and I have to say I am very impressed, I've never seen a high schooler play as such an advanced level" She says shaking my hand and leading my into the hotel lobby.

"Thank you, it means a lot coming from you" I say smiling slightly and she nods.

"Well I have your room assignment and you're rooming with Carli" She says and I slightly feel my heart stop. She's kidding right? The rookie with one of the best players in the world...maybe I should just go back home.

"Anyways I'll let you introduce yourself" I hear. Wait what? I look up to see that we are in a conference room and all of the team is in the room looking at me.

"Um hi" I say then clear my throat

"Im Y/n L/n I'm from a small town in Missouri called Kimmswick it has less than 200 people. I play forward for my schools soccer team and um yeah that's about it" I say scratching the back of my neck.

"Well that was the shortest introduction speech i've ever heard" I hear Kelley say earning multiple slaps from the girls and I blush

"Oh um i'm sorry" I say

"Don't apologize for Kelley being stupid" Allie says laughing and I just nod

"Well okay you all have a free day today so why don't you use it for some team bonding" Jill says causing others to nod or verbally agree. Everyone stands up and introduces themselves to me even though I already know who they are. They decided to go to this restaurant down the street for lunch and I get seated in the middle of the of the table so everyone can ask questions.

"So why didn't you talk about your family when you introduced yourself" Kelley asks again earning slaps from those sitting around her

"What it's not like y'all weren't thinking it either" She huffs

"yeah but none of us are going to ask that" Ash says and I sigh

"Um yeah I don't know it's just a little complicated at the moment, my mom and dad recently split and my little sister is currently going through some problems trying to digest that and I'm trying to help her with that but she just pushes me away, so yeah. I don't know, to be honest I almost denied Jills offer coming out here because I was worrying about all the stuff back at home." I say with a shrug and some look at my with this look in their eyes and others just nod in understanding.

"Well Y/n I want you to know and I think I speak for the whole team when I say this, you are now apart of this team which means that you are now apart of this family and we will always be here for you, any problem that you have you can always come to one of us and we will always try to help you the best we can. You are like a little sister to all of us weather you know it or not and we will always have you back" Carli says and that made me smile my first genuine smile for the first time in a long time.

"Thank you all, I appreciate that and I will remember that"

"If you have any problems at home let us know and we will do everything in our power to help cheer you up or help you out" Carli says

"Yeah! Ohana!" Kelley says and I smile but everyone else looks confused and I chuckle

"What?" She asks looking at everyone

"Ohana? What is that?" Carli asks so I speak up

"Ohana, Ohana means family"

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys here's another update sorry its a little short or if you don't like this one :/ as always don't forget to vote and comment

‼️Send me your request and also if you guys want a part two of some of the imagines already made, let me know! You can comment them here or feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable commenting your imagine on here!‼️