[ he meets pinky in the pledis building ]

After talking with the CEO about the rumours with Lisa, Jaehan started wandering around the building with their manager's permission. Manager Jeon felt like he had something on his shoulders whether he told everyone or not, so he guessed that letting him walk around wasn't so bad. He was an adult, after all.

"Are you sure you are not dating Blackpink's Lisa? It would be big news and many fans actually approve of it,"

"No, CEO. I swear on my whole career, I'm not dating Lalisa,"

"Okay. But we wouldn't mind you dating her, anyway. Dating her would let your group's ratings and sales skyrocket."

"Ne,"

"Would you?"

"No. I prefer being single and focusing on my career and the Carats,"

Sighing, Jaehan placed his hands in his pockets. He kept thinking about his talk with the CEO over and over again. Is that all he wanted? Sales and ratings?

Just as he turned a corner, he was surprised when someone bumped into him, making him instantly hold the person's arms and steady them. Furrowing his brows, he froze. He felt a spark, making him blink. He pulled away, after securing the person.

"J-Jaehan," said the person, making Jaehan's heart feel the same tightness from before.

"Kyulkyung," he said, observing her face as if she would disappear any second.

He couldn't think about how much he missed her, all he could think about was how beautiful she was in his eyes, and how he was one of the reasons why a goddess like her smiled at least once in her life.

"How have you been?" Asked Kyulkyung, looking down.

"I've been... pretty great. Yeah, lots great, actually. I could fly in the skies," Jaehan lied, chuckling.

"O-Oh. Is it because she can make you smile and everyone loves your interactions?" Kyulkyung asked, making Jaehan furrow his brows.

"Kyung, what the hell? No. Lisa and I aren't dating. She can't make me happy right now, the same way you made me feel. Don't you understand that?" Said Jaehan, heart beating faster than ever.

Kyulkyung's eyes were teary, but as much as she wanted to take him back, she couldn't. She was too scared for her career. It wasn't that she stopped loving him. Heck, he was one of the best things in her life. It's just that she was way too scared of the entertainment industry's cruel eyes.

"I-I'm sorry," she said, and then started running away before her tears failed her.

Jaehan was left there, dumbfounded and never sure whether the encounter was real or not. He wanted yet another encounter with her, but not something like this. He wanted to tell her how much she was making his heart feel tight in happiness and pain, but he was out of time. Just the thought of her having someone else made Jaehan look up and run his hand down his face.

"Screw it. Screw it!"