[ fallin' flower ]

smiling, jaehan listened to their new single, fallin' flower. he thought that it sounded so good and meant a lot to him, carats and seventeen, listening to it alone in the living room of their dorm. although jaehan wasn't able to participate in vlives and in all the other promotions, he still participated in recording the songs.

he felt a tiny bit better, by recording the song before and by knowing that it was for carats. if there was something that his heart couldn't drop, it would be carats. if there weren't carats, he knew that he was nothing. there was nothing left to him without seventeen and carats.

shifting on his seat on the couch, jaehan sighed. he missed talking to carats. he missed being able to talk to them but there was this feeling in him that made him feel scared of being online and communicating with people other than the people in their dorms. sometimes, he would even be skeptical with talking to his members.

"jaehan, are you okay?" asked jeonghan, and jaehan nodded.

"i guess. hyung, do you think the carats liked that i participated in the comeback?" jaehan replied, and jeonghan nodded with a soft smile.

he wanted to know what the carats thought, if he did good or not. he wanted to feel appreciated, he wanted to feel less empty.

"of course, jaejae. actually, a lot of carats have been commenting on our instagram saying how much they missed you and how much they were happy to hear your voice on the new song. carats love you, jaehan. and of course, seventeen loves you, too," said jeonghan, patting jaehan's shoulder.

he then sighed, taking his phone out. he wanted to check on his instagram a little, after a couple of weeks not doing so. he wanted to see carats so much.

opening the app, his phone started vibrating endlessly from the notifications he was receiving. there were a lot, especially the tags and comments.

not being able to resist it, jaehan decided to post a photo of himself just to thank the carats and just... be there.

not too long later, his notifications flooded again.

♡ 97627 likesjaehan_dsome ello carats, darlings, my frogs

♡ 97627 likes
jaehan_dsome ello carats, darlings, my frogs. jaehan misses you a lot. i just posted to say thank you for the support on our comeback and that i miss you all. i'll be back soon, but for now, i have to rest. i'm a flower, and even if i'm fallin', i know you'll all be there to catch me if i fall. have a good day! remember to stay healthy and eat up! always get proper amount of sleep and all. jaehan loves you!

load more comments...

JAEHANSTAN jaehan, we know you're going through something right now, but just know that we love you! we all do. take all the time you need to recover, we'll be there to be with you along your way. us carats and jaefroggies will always support you no matter what. we love you so much, our flower!

SVTCARAT jaehanㅠㅠ we miss you so much come back now we miss you so so so much please please i love you

lalalalisa_m jaejae, take all the time you need. rest up and remember that we love you. so much! more than you could ever realize it. take care always, bub! we're here for you. smile, flower. 💕

jaehan smiled. he was so happy. carats were still there for him. it was his first time going on a hiatus since debuting, and it was slightly scary for him but he knew. he knew now that carats will always be there to catch him.

his phone vibrated again, and now it was a text message. he grinned, reading who it was from.

from: lalisa
jaeeeee, don't be afraid to take long recovering, okay? everyone around you loves you and will be there to wait patiently for you to come back. i'll be right beside you, too. i miss you, jaejae. i love you. 💕

He was a falling flower, and now he knew that there will be someone out there to catch him whatever happens. He knew he was lucky, then.