[ ice cream date ]

"I want the mint chocolate ice cream," Jaehan said, clinging on to Seungcheol as the whole group went out for ice cream.

It was a blessing for Jaehan. He loved ice cream so much, and the members knew it. After all, they did set up the little hang out to cheer him up. They felt like he was slowly gaining the enthusiasm and smile he used to have, and they didn't want to lose it.

"You always want mint chocolate ice cream," said Seungcheol as he sighed, making Jaehan gape at him.

"Oh, my God. Is there something wrong about mint chocolate? I'm suing you," Jaehan said, dramatically holding his chest.

Seungcheol suppressed his laughter, but couldn't contain it. Jaehan blinked, before chuckling about it himself. The other members looked at the two from their seats, since they were the only ones who were yet to choose their orders.

"Not at all," Seungcheol replied, chuckling.

The girl from the counter then asked for their orders, and Jaehan enthusiastically told his: 5 scoops of mint chocolate ice cream with chocolate drizzles. Seungcheol could only shake his head. As the leader said his order, the two paid and then went to sit with the other guys.

Jaehan had a shit-eating grin across his face, waiting for his precious serving of ice cream. Minghao couldn't help but shake his head and facepalm. For him, Jaehan looked like a little kid who was taken out to eat ice cream because he had good marks on a test.

"I think I'm gonna sit with Seungkwan today. He looks like a harmless little monster," Jaehan declared, making Seungkwan gape at him.

"Hyung! I'm not a monster! Oh, my God!" said Seungkwan, and the boys erupted into laughter.

"You're my little monster, shut up now, and move your ass," replied Jaehan, chuckling as he playfully shoved Seungkwan closer to the wall.

"You're being too meanie today," said Seungkwan, narrowing his eyes at his hyung. "That's why I'm guessing you're back to normal."

"Normal? I'm always normal. Always. All the time. 何時も." Jaehan said, furrowing his brows.

"I don't know. I saw you last night crying over a horror movie while holding your Kermit plush," said Jeonghan, giggling while recalling the moment.

Jaehan nervously chuckled, before widening his eyes after hearing Hoshi speak.

"So, yes. Jaehan cried over a horror movie last night," Hoshi said, making Jaehan smile nervously before shaking his head.

"Why are you guys liars? I wasn't. I was sleepy, so my eyes were teary. I'm not even afraid of horror movies," lied Jaehan, looking at the phone.

"Since when have you been on live?" asked Joshua, looking at Hoshi with a small smile across his face.

"Since we saw Cheol-hyung and Jaejae come. I pointed the camera earlier at them," Hoshi replied.

"Whoa, hyung knows how to use- OW! I WAS KIDDING! GOODNESS," Jaehan said, laughing as he avoided playful slaps from Hoshi.

The guys immediately clapped in delight as their ice cream was served. Jaehan grinned, almost hugging his order close to his chest. They eyed him with a weird look, as Jaehan started licking his lower lip.

"How long have you not eaten ice cream to be that excited?" Minghao asked, making Jaehan narrow his eyes at the younger man.

"Months. MONTHS. I have been away from ice cream for months," Jaehan replied, the members snickering at his natural extra personality.

"Jae, the Carats are asking. What's your favourite ice cream from this place, and how much does it cost?" asked Hoshi, and Jaehan grinned.

"This? This is my favourite. It's mint chocolate, and I usually order five scoops with the chocolate drizzles. It costs ₩14000 in total," said Jaehan, smiling.

"I bet he's gonna order another serving of that for take out," Dino muttered, and Jaehan chuckled.

"You know me too well, Chan," Jaehan replied, making Woozi cringe.

"If your stomach hurts later at the dorms, it's not our fault," Woozi muttered, so the members chuckled.

It was a common sight to see Jaehan deal with stomachaches because of too much ice cream being consumed, after all. Usual trips to the bathroom also happens, with Seungkwan laughing his ass off every time while tailing his hyung.

As the guys start eating, little chats here and there were exchanged. The fourteen members enjoyed each other's company, throwing away the pressure and stress of being idols for a while. At that moment, they were just them, just like during their trainee years. No people to try and impress, just them.

It might have been a secret Jaehan kept, but he felt so lucky that he was with Seventeen. Ice cream dates like this with them just makes him smile, whether he liked to admit it or not.

Minghao smiled, secretly eyeing Jaehan. He was relieved that Jaehan seemed to be cheerful than when he dealt with emotional struggled before. After all, they were family.

"Let's go on ice cream dates more,"

"You just want to eat more ice cream,"

"True. I sense no lies, darling. I'm not even gonna deny it."

"Darling? Oh, God. Here he goes again."

"Are you mocking me?"

"Jeez, Jaehan-"

"Oh, God. Right in front of my ice cream,"