prologue 2

Dean Winchester and his brother Sam travel around while searching for their father. At the same time, they fight evil and kill as many as possible, including monsters, demons and gods that roam the earth. They're hunters.

They drive through Chicago and park the car across the street. 'All right, Dean.' Sam looks at the apartment building: 'This is the place.'

'You know, I've got to say Dad, and I did just fine without these stupid costumes. I feel like a high school drama dork.' They're both wearing a dark blue overall with the logo of the alarm company. 'What was that play that you did? What was it? Our Town, Yeah, you were good. It was cute.'

'Look, you want to pull this off or not?'

Dean laughs: 'I'm just saying, these outfits cost hard-earned money, okay?'

'Whose?' Sam questions

'Ours. You think credit card fraud is easy?'

They cross the street and ring the doorbell. A woman opens the door: 'Hello, is there anything I can help you with?'

'We're with the alarm company.' Dean tells her.

'They asked us to come and figure out why it didn't work.' Sam explains.

She nods and leads them to the apartment.' Well, no offence, but your alarm is about as useful as boobs on a man.'

Dean and Sam share a look. 'Well, that's why we're here. To see what went wrong and stop it from happening again.' They ask questions about what happened or if anything strange was going on.

When they're left alone in the apartment to find out what went wrong, Dean opens his toolbox and removes the EMF meter. According to the owner, Meredith was all over, in pieces. 'The guy who killed her must have been some whackjob. But I tell you, if I didn't know any better, I'd have said a wild animal did it.' He repeats what she said,' So, a killer walks in and out of the apartment—no weapons, no prints, nothing.' He says, looking up at his brother, who stands beside him.

'I'm telling you, the minute I found that article, I knew this was our kind of gig.' Sam replies.

The EMF meter Dean had just taken out beeps frantically: 'I think I agree with you.'

Sam and Dean are pacing in the motel room. Dean is the first to say something: 'So, hot little Meg is summoning the Daeva?'

'Looks like she was using that black altar to control the thing.'

'So, Sammy's got a thing for the bad girl.' Dean chuckles while Sam rolls his eyes. 'And what's the deal with that bowl again?'

Sam stands still. 'She was talking into it. The way witches used to scry into crystal balls or animal entrails. She was communicating with someone.'

'With who? With the Daeva?'

'No, you said those things were savages. No, this was someone different. Someone who's giving her orders. Someone who's coming to that warehouse. '

Dean thinks and glances at some files on a nearby table. He sits at the table and looks through them: 'What I was going to tell you earlier—I pulled a favour with my-'He clears his throat' – friend, Amy, over at the police department. The complete records of the two victims—we missed something the first time.'

'What?' Sam comes over to look at the records.

'They're both from....'

'...Lawrence, Kansas.' Sam finishes: 'I mean, it's where the demon killed Mom. That's where everything started. So, you think Meg's tied up with the demon?'

Dean nods: 'I think it's a definite possibility.'

The brothers walk into an empty warehouse and climb up the elevator shaft. They hear Meg, a woman with short hair, almost white, speaking in an ancient language. She has her back turned on them.

Once at the opening, they sneak into the room and seek shelter behind a few tall boxes. Sam holds up a gun and aims It at Meg.

'Guys. Hiding's a little bit childish, don't you think? Meg says and turns around.

Dean looks at Sam: 'Well, that didn't work out as planned.'