Chapter 41

I walk into the choir room after sending a quick message to my parents. We were leaving for LA in two days and we were having a finally meeting before doing so. When I was done I look up to see everyone gathered around the piano. 

"What are we working on today?" I said dropping my bag and things before walking over to them.

Mr. Shue and the everyone look at each other and I glance over at Blaine and Sam who had this weird look on their face.

"We actually came up with a idea for nationals." Blaine said.

"And we need your help to give us some song ideas." Sam added.

"Okay, what is it?" I ask them confused

"The glee club have suggested..." Mr. Shue said. "That we should perform songs to honor Finn's legacy." I suddenly felt like the whole world slam a ton of weights on me.

"And we wanted to do songs that are Finn's all time favorite." Blaine finished. "Songs that he loved and meant something to him. Something only you would know."

I felt my hands shaking so I clench them together so I didn't begin to fall apart.

"Um..." I heard my voice crack a bit. "Y-yeah, yeah." I push myself off the piano and walk over to my backpack. I unzip the first pocket and pulled out Finn's old Ipod. I always had his ipod since he was off in college and he didn't want any distractions. I turned it on and unlock it before coming back handing it over to Mr. Shue. "Here you go."

Mr. Shue took the ipod and I pulled my hand back quickly feeling my hand shake, yet with some casually so no one could notice. Mr. Shue began to look through and named the songs out loud, mostly ones from the most played of on his favorite playlist. I zoned out through everything, I loved my brother and even if I moved on it doesn't mean all of this doesn't still hurt. But to be honest I know mom pushes them away for me. The pain hurts her worse than me. But I dont think there going to be a point where we wont feel it. This was a normal and even if we dont like it, it's not like we can bring back the dead. I'll always miss him and theres going to be an empty hole in my heart that only he can fill. Family is irreplaceable.

After school I was walking over to my car when Ryder came up.

"Hey." he said.

"Hi." I spoke softly and playing with my sleeves.

"I know this is none of my business." he said. "But I notice your reaction when Blaine, Sam, and Mr. Shue told you about the whole nationals idea. Lydia, are you really okay with it? Honestly?"

I look at him. "Y-yeah." I told him. "I think it's a great idea, it's just... I just need some time alone." I told him. "So if I separate myself from the group please in LA... just let me be."

"I understand." he said. "And I know you might need someone if you're feeling down, so I'm offering my humble services to you. We all are."

I chuckled. "Thank you Ryder."

"No problem." he said.

I got to my car and took a deep breathe. "I'll see you monday." I said putting a smile.

"Don't forget to pack."

I nodded and got in my car. I drove off and made it home in one piece thankfully. After turning the car off I went to my room and finish up the costumes for nationals. I couldn't help the slow tears that fell down my face as I kept letting all those emotions come back out.

I had texted Sebastian that I wanted to be alone. Which he ask if I was sure, to which I responded yes. But he was right, I didn't want to be alone.