:) 49- Man, You're A Boring One (:

Start from the beginning

"And who gave you permission to invite people over to my house?"

"You know, 'Tu casa es mi casa'."

"Pretty sure it's 'Mi casa es tu casa'."

"Thanks for the permission," he winks at me.

I roll my eyes. Can't believe I fell for that one. I'm the dumb one.

"Aren't your parents out of town?" Ethan looks at me slightly worried.

I nod, "We can get high with no worries."

"Or," He laughs, "We can wreck it like last time."

"Let's rephrase here," I wave a finger around, "This is a get together between the ten of us, not a party."

"Man, you're a boring one."

"Ethan, I swear to god I will spread a rumor about you."

"Oh yeah? Boring!" He prods even though there's a big smile on his face.

"Yeah, I'll tell everyone you grow weed."

Ethan laughs, "What'll that do?"

I look around to see that the rest of our table is looking back and forth between Ethan and I. They look like they're at a tennis match. Even though Ethan and I weren't actually fighting or anything of the sorts, they were thoroughly entertained.

"Everyone will come knocking at your door at whatever time of the night. What would your parents have to say about that?"

"How dare you use my parents' beauty sleep against me?"

"Because you talk about it too much."

Ethan gasps and his hand goes to his chest.

"There, I said it," I put my hands up.

Everyone bursts out laughing. There are several stupid remarks about how we act like we're five.

While James is laughing he leans towards me and wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"That was amazing," He whispers in my ear.

He's so close I can feel his nose brush against my temple and his soft breath on my face. I want to push him away but when he does that, when he's so close, it lights a spark in my stomach that I can't deny. It feels so good, oddly. It feels so good when it's him.

-*-

"Edward, please."

"I'm just mad, Lucy."

"Sucks to be you."

Edward and I are currently studying at our favorite little coffee shop. Okay, trying to study and ultimately failing miserably. We've been catching up rather than actually doing schoolwork.

"She's infuriating sometimes."

"And she's my oldest friend," I stand up for Grace.

The past ten minutes have been about how angry he is that she disregarded my 18th birthday like that. I didn't really want to talk about it but as a friend I understand the need to protect me. I'd do it with him too.

"Sorry."

I look at him, "Don't be sorry. Just because she loses her filter doesn't mean she's a bad person."

Edward laughs, "The voice of reason."

"So," I change the subject, "You and Grayson are official."

Edward tries to hide his blush by bringing his mug up to his face. Not sly enough.

"Yeah, yeah we are."

"How does it feel," I ask, "To have a boyfriend?"

"I dunno, you tell me."

"What? I don't have a boyfriend."

"I don't believe you."

"But I don't."

I look out to the window that's beside our table. I was once again the single one in the group. I guess James was my partner in crime again. We've really come full circle.

"Fine," He drops that subject, "How do you feel about him though?"

"He's my best friend."

"That's your staple answer. How do you feel about him?"

How do I feel about him?

I look down at my coffee. Deep down I know the answer. I've known it for a while I just haven't been able to say it. I'm still afraid about where that road could lead me. Could lead us, really.

"Lucy," Edward brings me back to reality, "How do you really feel about him?"

"I,I," I hesitate and stumble over my words, "I, you know."

"I know," Edward confirms, "I want you to tell me."

I look him in the eyes. With a deep breath I will myself to say what we both already know. What we've both known but haven't said.

"I love him."

-*-
Okay. I'm just gonna leave this here.
Vote and comment because you're shook. Or if you're not shook. I don't know how you feel.