:) 13- Not By Her Doing (:

"This hellhole better be over soon."

"Facts."

"Absolute torture."

"But at least they feed us," I smile at my lab partner.

Jenny looks at me with a sarcastic smile. It says it all: "Like cafeteria food will save me."

I laugh at her expression and copy down the last few answers to the problems. Jenny is an A plus student, might as well take advantage. Secretly, oh so secretly. She disapproves of me cheating off her. Jenny caught me once, said I was "To smart to be that dumb". Nah, I'm that dumb.

The bell rings, giving us a sliver of hope. "Run!" I yell to Jenny.

Time to beat the horde of hangry high school students. You do not want to get stuck with the only food option being meatloaf. Deadly.

"Yo James, wait up!"

James turns in confusion. Having heard his name in this hurricane of students must have been a surprise. When he catches my eye, he smiles and stops in his tracks.

"Hello m'lady," He faux tipping a hat.

I curtsy to him, "Thank you for waiting, sir."

He smiles and we resume our way to the cafeteria. His arm hangs on my shoulders, his wood and citrus scent coming into range. He steers me out of traffic quite often on our short walk to the cafeteria.

"What up, team?" I throw up my peace signs to my table.

"Wildcats!" Stef yells.

"Umm, what team?" I change my words to fit hers.

You always help your friends through their comedic struggles.

Stef blushes, but the rest of group catches on, "Wildcats!"

I scream at the top of my lungs, "Wildcats!"

"Get your head in the game!" The, I guess now, team yells back.

"Woo," James yells.

When I turn to look at him due to his outburst, he's already looking at me. A smiles creeps on to his lips. "Good leading, leader," He speaks.

I smile, and he leaves me standing there as his arm falls off my shoulder and he sits down beside Lily. His other arm immediately wrapping itself around her. She smiles and moves into him.

I roll my eyes at their affection. We all know you're dating, tone the tension down. I walk over and sit down in my 'new spot' at the table.

Stupid.

Rummaging through my backpack I find what I was looking for, "James, my mom baked brownies."

"The special kind?" James' attention is quickly given to me and my plate of brownies.

"Not by her doing," I wink at him.

Where's that best friend award? I'm still waiting. I put weed in my mother's brownies for this kid, I mean best friend. Of course, I actually did it because I get to keep a few.

My mom loves James. He acts like an angel when he comes over. Fake hoe.

Every now and then my mom whips the good old family brownie recipe. They are a fudge-y goodness. Every time she makes them, James always gets a plate.

I don't even get a plate.

Now, when I'm luck, I know ahead of time that my mom is going to bake them. When that happens I prepare myself, with oregano. If you know, you know. James goes wild for the brownies. Perfect way to persuade him into anything.