:) 50- Well, Maybe Not Everyone (:

"Happy birthday."

"Happy 18!"

"Woah, it's your birthday?"

Who knew I was so popular? Honestly, the attention is nice, but I'd rather not have that many eyes on me all the time. Slightly inconvenient when I'm prone to being stupid.

James catches up to me from somewhere behind, "Guess what?"

I turn to look at him and almost lose it. He actually wore the crop top. The tight crop top covered everything except his belly button.

"You wore my shirt."

"How'd you guess?" He shows me a goofy smile.

I roll my eyes and continue on my way to History.

"So, what do you think?"

"You look hot," I give him a quick wink.

"Thanks, baby."

There he goes again with that pet name. Gives me a rush but it also sounds weird. Why am I his baby?

We make it to History and sit down in our spots beside each other. It still makes me happy that he's come back to sitting beside me.

"Lucy! Lucy! Happy birthday to my favorite person ever!"

I look to Stef who is about to explode with happiness. She really likes birthdays.

"Stef, you shouldn't have," I looked at her and then back at the bouncy house.

"But it's fun."

"But I'm 17," I countered her.

She looked at me and gave me a shameful shake of the head, "That's the whole point."

"That I'm 17?"

"It's the last year you're a child. Live it up."

I laughed at her statement. She wasn't wrong, once you're 18 you're an adult. But this, a bouncy house in my backyard, was actually bonkers. Stef was the only one that could come up with something like that.

"Come on, let's bounce!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bouncy house.

"Yolo," I whispered and jumped into the bouncy house.

Soon, everyone was jumping and it felt like we were all five again. Although we didn't know each other when we were five, sometimes it felt like it did. They were my chosen family.

Ew, cliche.

"Hey Stef."

"Hey Stef? That's all you're going to say?" She looks at me.

"Yay me!" I shake my arms in joy.

She nods her head, "That's more like it."

"Are you happy? You're finally part of the club," Ethan laughs.

"Woo, finally a legal adult. The power."

"You sound very sarcastic."

I look at Ethan and then roll my eyes, "One year closer to dying," and after that I can't control my laughter any longer.

"Guys, I'm 18!" I pump my fists in the air, "Fuck yeah."

"Lucy," Our history teacher give me a look, "Being 18 does not give you the freedom to curse in my classroom."

"Kinda does though," I start a fight, "Freedom of speech and everything."

The glare is definitely one that could kill, but I ignore it. I'm untouchable on my birthday.