:) 9- But Like Puberty (:

"Good day?"

"Good week!"

"Good month?"

"Hell no!" I laugh.

It's been a good week, no lie. Dare I say it was Fucktastic. Stef finally calmed down with the whole Lumes thing or whatever you want to call it. James and I got over the awkward stage I created, I'm lame. Life is good. Couples are thriving. My happiness is popping.

Wow, that was a lot, even for me.

"One step at a time," I calm Stef down.

"Slowly," Stef smiles.

"That's what she said."

We both burst out laughing at the stupidest joke known to man. That was a new level of dork, or douche.

It's been a week since what we call the 'Awkward Incident' occurred. The awkward incident is the one where I was a stupid bitch and decided I'd rather not talk and run away. Causal, I know. Way to take my own advise, not.

My first rule is always to share because most likely the problem is just that, not sharing.

"What is up my dudes?" James yells to our table.

"My mood," I respond.

James slides in beside me, nonchalantly pulling his arm over my shoulder. I give him a side hug in return and then push him off the seat. Sadly, he noticed my plan and formed one of his own and took me with him. How did he even do that? Actually, how did he know? Mind reader.

"So this is how you're gonna go about this?" I ask when I finally land on top of him.

He grunts slightly from the impact but is able to answer me nonetheless, "I thought quick and simple would be the way to go."

"Sly dog," I slap his shoulder.

"You gonna get off me now?"

Right. I maneuver my way off his body, carefully. You know if you know. I give him my hand to help him up. A solid grunt later we're both safely on our feet. Gravity really be that way sometimes.

As we sit back down, Lily makes her shining appearance to our table. She's been coming more often this last half of the week. I don't mind it, she's gonna be one of us soon enough. Better to start sooner than later. She takes a spot besides James, making all of us have to squeeze together slightly.

The table really wasn't built for this many people. But even if all us brought a plus one, we would never switch tables. This table was sacred to the couples cult. James and I had taken the time to carve out all our initials.

"Hey guys!" She cheerily greets us.

"Guys? I didn't know I had a penis. Stef, you?" I joke.

Stef catches on and continues with the bit, "Not last time I checked."

"But like puberty."

"It changes ya," Stef finishes.

I turn to face Lily, a face of utter confusion.

I smile at her, "We're just messing with ya."

She relaxes, "Oh, so how's your day?"

Conversation continues as normal and soon enough class must resume. Whoever decided that school was mandatory had major issues.

"Are you jealous? You seem jealous. Are you okay? You don't seem okay. Are you..."

I cut Stef off from her quiet rant, "I swear woman. Shut it with this questioning."