Chapter 8 - Breakfast?

Start from the beginning

Time to get him back for Sasha's place the other morning...

I stand up from the table and make my way over to him and stand in front of him. "I had no idea I was turning you on, no." I straddle his lap and fix his tie. "Sorry, I'll keep that in mind for next time." I breathe against his ear, and just like that I stand up and make my way down the hall.

"I need to get ready for work." I call over my shoulder "Have a good day sweetheart."

***

The rest of the day goes by normally, Austin and I fix cars and more come in needing to be fixed. I wipe the sweat from my forehead with my forearm and make my way to the staff fridge pulling it open. "Did your Mum not pack us lunch today?" I turn to Austin who is still busy working on a car.

"Uh," he rolls out from under the car and stands up dusting himself off. "N-No she didn't today because I'm going out for lunch." He rubs his neck shyly

"Would this have anything to do with a certain date you had the other night?" I smile

"She's a really amazing girl Am, she's smart, she's funny and best of all she loves children and even works at a daycare centre, I think you'd really like her, her names-"

"Hey Austin, I hope I'm not too early." I hear a bubbly voice from behind me and turn around.

"Brigitte." I smile at her.

"Amity, no way this is the mechanics you own?" She smiles back.

"Y-you two know each other?" Austin steps forward looking puzzled.

"I met Amity over the weekend, after our date actually." her cheeks start to turn a light shade of red. "She's seeing my brother." She gushes.

"I'm not seeing your brother," I reply shocked.

"You're seeing someone?" Austin asks shocked, speaking at the same time as me.

"No, I'm not seeing anyone." I laugh and shake my head. "I hung out with her brother over the weekend, and he brought me breakfast this morning, we're friends that's all."

"Wait a second." Austin smiles. "So you met this guy on Saturday and you were with him Saturday, Sunday and now today, Monday?"

"I met him Friday." I correct him as I pull a bottle of water from the fridge. "You know the asshole who came in yelling at you?"

"Him?" Austin gasps out. "You're hanging out with him? I thought you said he was a dick."

"He is a dick." I shrug and Brigette giggles nodding her head in agreement.

"Shit, no, h-he is your older brother?" Austin sighs looking at Brig.

"Don't worry, he's okay once you get to know him, right Am?" She gives me an I know you're getting it on with my brother look.

"Nope, he's still a dick." I grin "Anyway, off you two go, have a nice lunch and don't worry about poor little Amity starving to death in the heat." I pout before giggling softly.

"You can come if you want to?" Austin offers sweetly.

"Austin I'm kidding, go and have a nice time." I wave them off.

***

Lunch was boring and lonely, I never thought I'd see the day I missed Austin annoying me while I'm trying to eat my lunch. I walked to the cafe today, the same cafe that Chet had brought me breakfast from this morning, they sure know how to charge but the food is good so I'll pay it, that and well, there isn't anywhere else close enough to go.

When I arrive back at the shop for the afternoon things are a little slower. Austin and Brigette came back to the shop hand in hand, they both looked really happy together, it's nice to see. Austin is a great person and I have no doubt that if things did progress and he introduces Paisley, his three-year-old daughter to Brig that she would be an amazing mother figure.

With things being so slow for the day I decide to send Austin home early, everything that was left to do I could do myself so really there was no reason for him to say. I'd still pay him of course, he knows I'd never take any pay away from him, he needs it for his baby girl and I understand that.

It finally hits 4 PM and I close the large roller door to the shop. I turn the back lights off and am just about to set the alarm when the shop phone rings.

"Springs mechanical this is Amity." I smile into the phone doing my best to be upbeat even though I really just want to go home for the day.

"I wonder if you would have answered the phone so cheerfully if you knew it was me." I hear down the other end.

Chet, of course, it's Chet, who else would be ringing me right on close just to piss me off? I sure am thankful he can't see me though, because just his voice is enough to bring a dorky smile to my face.

"I wouldn't have answered at all if I knew it was you." I laugh

"Is that a nice thing to say to someone who's waiting out the front for you?"

"Are you like a stalker or something?" I screw up my face even though he can't see me.

"I told you, it's not safe to walk the streets on your own, that's all."

"I think deep down you just like spending time with me." I tease in a flirtatious voice.

"Would you just come and get in the car please." He laughs and hangs up on me. 

This Chapter has been revamped! And was re-published on the 5/9/2020.