Chapter 9 - Tips and Bits

In the night I am wild-eyed
And you got me now
Dim the lights, we are wild-eyed
And you got me now
-OMAM

In the night I am wild-eyed And you got me now Dim the lights, we are wild-eyed And you got me now-OMAM

"Relax, Sunshine!" Trent yells over his shoulder.

My hands tighten, clutching the fabric of his t-shirt in a stiff and sweaty hold. Pinching my eyes closed, I rest my forehead against Trent's back and inhale his familiar scent. For a moment, fear leaves my mind and I become increasingly aware that my body is pressed ever so deliciously against his muscular back.

Tingles spread across my skin wherever we make contact and my thoughts wander ...

Sweet Chocolate Ganache! He smells so freaking good ... I wonder if he'd notice if I licked him ...

Get it together, Thea! Quick, think of something else ... a recipe ... ganache!

Okay, first I place coarsely chopped dark chocolate in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.

In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat,  I warm coconut milk until bubbles just begin to appear around the edges and steam rises from the surface.

Trent's palm lands on my calf, his hot touch searing my skin through the cotton of my sweatpants. The connection causes me to involuntarily squeeze my thighs together — or as together as I can with Trent between them.

Oh gods!

My ear, that's pressed against his back, catches a rumble rolling from deep inside his body. My breaths grow labored as I struggle to detach myself from desire.

P-P-Pour the hot coconut milk over the chopped chocolate and let stand without stirring for five minutes.

Trent's hand travels up my leg to the bend of my knee and I bite down a moan fighting to escape my lips.

After five agonizing minutes, whisk the chocolate-coconut milk mixture and add vanilla.

Beat it hard ... I mean gently ... until he's ... I mean it's glossy and smooth.

Drizzle over desserts or anything that can be dipped and licked and  ...

In an effort to clear the torrid visions of my tongue and Trent's hardened anatomy from my mind, I peek into the passing landscape. The headlight sheds the shadows of the passing trees against the vantablack night. It's as if I'm in the vacuum of space with the only thing anchoring me to earth being the man held in my death grip. Pinpricks of excitement travel up my spine and I squeeze Trent tighter.