Chapter Twenty-four

"We have to look for them. Who knows what happened to them. They don't have you, to change their emotions and get them back to reality."

Cedrik rubs his temples. He is still a bit shaken and I grab his arm for support. With him like that, we wont get far and for a moment I consider to leave him here, while I search for the rest of our team.

"No," Cedrik says suddenly. He shakes his head violently from side to side.

"I'm going with you, no matter what!"

"How did you know that I thought about leaving you?" I ask.

Over the years I thought, I mastered the poker face.

"I didn't have to read your expression. I know your way of thinking. It's not like we just met Inanna. We have been working together for hundredths of years," he reminds me, crossing his arms as I let go of him.

"Really?" I ask. "Have I endured your company for such a long time?"

He hits my shoulder with his own as a response and we both grin. The corners of his mouth lift and with them I can see his dimples.

"You are funny," he says sarcastically and I just shrug my shoulders.

After that we keep on walking. The fog is still around us, encircling our bodies. But there is a difference now. Before it seemed to cling on us, but know it just follows us slowly, like it has been warned to touch us.

Cedrik is the one, who breaks the silence between us.

"I have to ask you something. It has been on my mind for some time now. I know that you probably don't want to talk about it. But if there is a chance for you to answer me, then I want to take it. I mean, you don't like to talk about things like that. Though I'm too curious not to ask."

I stop his rambling, "Cedrik! Get to the point!" I bark out.

"Arijus," he starts, but I interrupt him for another time.

I'm already tense, when I hear his name. All warning bells in my mind ring and my hands ball into fists. He still has that power over me.

I get defensive, "What about him?"

"Aha," is the first thing, he says, while studying my face. I give him a glare, I'm not a portrait. He doesn't need to study me.

"Why are you so harsh?"

"I'm not harsh, this is the way I sound."

"I'm not talking about your tone," he states.

For no reason my heart starts to beat faster. I should have known that Cedrik sees right through me. He is the one, that knows me the best. He notices the little things I try to keep from everyone else. Somehow I feel caught.

However I'm not in the mood to give in to him.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I shrug, my steps getting bigger.

He has to speed up as well to catch up to me. But his legs are longer than mine and so he is in seconds by my side again.

He points his index finger at me,"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You are even meaner to him than to for example to Elisa and Ella. And you hate them."

"I don't hate Elisa."

"Stop trying to change the topic!"

I purse my lips at his tone. I want to stop this conversation, but Cedrik has the nerve to ignore my statement and continue talking.

"Whatever. I don't want to talk about the woman. What is with Arijus that you despise him so much? Every time I see you around him, you glare at him or try to keep him on distance," he goes on.

I grind my teeth as I answer," No, I don't!"

"Yes, you are. Stop denying it, you mad woman!"

"What did you just call me?" I ask.

My hand gets closer to my weapons, but I refuse that urge. Even though it is really tempting. I mean one cut, wont kill him.

He crosses his arms, struggling for a second. But then just barks out,"You heard me."

Again the urge to hurt him flickers through my mind. And if he wasn't Cedrik I would have already killed him, that is for sure.

I choose my next words carefully to finally shut him up. But before I can utter another word, I run into something hard and cold. Something wet is running down my cheeks and at the impact my eyes close for a second. When I open them again I take a step back.

The scenery in front of me is gone and I'm looking at myself. To make sure that I'm not hallucinating, I lift my hand. My reflection copies me and I immediately drop my hand.

What is this?

"Cedrik," I call out to my teammate.

As I don't get an answer, I turn my body to see that he is starring at himself as well. He doesn't move at all and shivers go through my body.

We have to leave immediately.

I take a step towards Cedrik to get his attention, but instead I see myself again. However this time my reflection, titles his head and gives me a close lipped smile. Not a second later she takes one of her black swords out. I watch her carefully. Somehow I suspect what she is about to do. Though her move surprises me, as she stabs herself into her stomach.

My eyes go wide at the scene. Suddenly the air around me fells suffocating. I can't breath properly and I notice the reason for it right away, when I look at my own stomach.

Blood is soaking my shirt and when my hand glides down to my wound it leaves my fingers red. Red with my own blood, that leaves my mouth with a salty taste.

I don't even remember, the last time I have been stabbed. Though I remember the pain and the lightheaded feeling it gives me.

Again I meet her eye and while she looks fine, I feel all power leaving my own body.

It's getting interesting! What are your thoughts and what do you think is happening? I love to hear your theories!