Chapter Seventeen

I don't have to clean the wound on my hand with ice cold water, that is coming out of the faucet. But I still do and only concentrate on the wound that is already healing itself on its own.

It doesn't hurt at all. Though it distracts me from the guy just a room away. Never in my life did I expect to find him here, but fate always hated me and tries to make my life as miserable as it can be.

"You okay there?" Cedrik asks.

He is leaning against the wall to my right and I don't have to look into his eyes to know that he is watching every move of mine.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I counter back and an amused smile plays on his lips.

He leans his head to the side and I know that he senses something is going on. However he doesn't know, he doesn't know about the inner demons I fight and what I have kept from every one so far. And he will never know.

"You tell me! First you practically run out of that room. And second you are cleaning a wound that doesn't need to be cleaned. It already healed," he mentions with his head.

I stare at my hand for good will. But I already know that he is right. There is a small scar left. The only sign that I cut myself minutes ago.

I shrug my shoulders and then walk past him. I don't want Cedrik to observe me closer. He was always good in that and instead walk back to my worst nightmare.

But before I can step out of the door, someone else beats me to it. I look into cobalt blue eyes that watch me with interest. In his hand he is holding the remaining glass pieces, of the cup I broke and I'm surprised that he is to one, who cleaned my mess up.

"You didn't need to do that," I state in a monotone voice.

My voice doesn't give anything away about my feelings.

"I know," he answers. "But I didn't want you to hurt yourself again," that guy smiles and mentions at my hand.

Out of reflex I clench my hands into fists. For a moment I don't know why. But it occurs to me the second I look at his smiling face. I don't want him to be afraid of me. Afraid of one of the six murderous Caelestius. Yet that should be my goal. He needs to fear and hate me.

"Whatever," I huff and his face shows confusion as why I'm so cold towards him.

I can read him like a book and he should learn to control his emotions. Especially around me.

Without another word I walk back to the others, who are still chatting. This time though about plain and unnecessary topics. I get that they don't want him to know and I give Elisa credit for that.

As I walk back to my former place before I broke the glass, I meet Elisas eye. I nod at her and somehow the two of us communicate silently.

Short after Cedrik and that guy come back into the room. Ella abruptly clings back to his arm. It makes me angry, but I lock that thought away. They are probably lovers and I shouldn't intervene in that.

"By the way this lovely young man is Arijus," she points at the guy next to Ella, who is smiling at him lovingly.

She can't take her eyes away from him. And it is obvious that she is in love with him. The adoration in her face is clearly readable.

But right now my teammates and I have his attention. He is looking at all of our faces and ends his examination with mine. But what he meets is my cold stare that is piercing through him and soon he averts his eyes.

"He lives next door with his father," Elisa continues. "His relatives moved in years ago and since then he and his family are my neighbors," she explains.

"And what does he want here?" Pablo ask the question that everyone is thinking of my teammates.

Arijus is brave enough to answer for himself. "I heard screaming, so I had to make sure that Ella and Elisa are alright," he tells us.

"They are both fine like you can see," Chris speaks up.

He wants him out and I can only agree with that. Arijus eyes narrow and he wants to complain. However he is stopped by an ear piercing scream.

Many heads snap around and I raise my brow. Screaming? And we are not the reason why?

But Arijus seems to know the voice and immediately runs out of the room, shortly followed by Ella.

My teammates look at me. I sigh, better go for it now than be to late, I think. Who knows maybe this has something to do with us.

So I nod at the others and we follow Arijus and Ella. And what we come to face is something totally different than I imagined.

Tell me your thoughts and leave a vote if you like this chapter :)