Chapter Six

There is silence. I don't mean from the people in hiding. No, I'm talking about my teammates. No one dares to talk to me and the silence follows, after we left the prison.

I see some glances here and there, and I know that they are communicating with each other. But none of them can look me in the eye. Their behavior is getting on my nerves. I hate how tense they are right now.

And this bunch calls themselves a team, I snort. Right now it seems more like I am the enemy.

It's like I'm looking at dolls. They are lifeless and don't form any expressions. Their only movement is their constant walking.

"Are you guys for real? What is your problem? It's not that I don't remember what happened. Be sure I definitely do, but we are still Caelestius.  We are stronger than any bad memory," I snap, after I endured their behavior long enough.

I stare at each face individually. Starting with Cedrik, who gulps at my tone and end with Lucia, who presses her pink lips together.

Chris and Pablo look ashamed to the side, while I lecture them and Caspar doesn't even blink at my words. It makes me angry. I'm not used to them anymore, since I lived the last 200 years alone. It definitely was an easier time.

"What are you guys? Kids that can't speak up for themselves? All of us lived over 900 years and you can't tell me that you are afraid," I spit.

Finally there is some movement and they look up at me. It's about time.

"That is not the case," Cedrik answers me.

"What is it then?"

"Inanna, we destroyed that place a long time ago. It's a sacred place and I don't have to tell you that the god, who is living there hates us with passion. It took the humans a long time to rebuild the temple. And even though we had good reasons to destroy it, it doesn't changes the fact that we are not welcomed," Lucia informs me and I sigh at her answer.

She is right, I know about all of this. I had my doubts too, though Enyalio gave this important mission to me, and because of my own selfish reasons I can't refuse it.

"Why do you want to go there so desperately?" Pablo wants to know.

It is the first significant question. I'm sure he knows that I keep secrets.

"Because of Enyalio."

"The god of war and swords?" Chris asks surprised.

It doesn't happens often these days, that a god gets in touch with you. They only visit on special occasions and it does't matter, that we are Caelestius.

At the mention of Enyalios name their eyes shine. We all respect the gods and would never go against them. It is what we are taught, since we can walk on our own. They are holy and their word is binding. What they say has to be done, even if it is not something you like to do.

"What did he tell you?" Cedrik immediately wants to know.

His pleading eyes beg me to tell him more. He is the only one of us, who has never met the god that is related to him. The rest of us did and it is our decision, if we define it as our luck or misfortune.

"That we need to go to another world to kill some demons. Some of them survived the godly war. They have been in hiding to rebuild their power and fled to another world. In order to get stronger and attack again," I explain.

I know all of this, because Enyalios shared this secret with me. It makes sense and I feel stupid, that I thought all of them were death.

"That changes everything. Why didn't you say that from the beginning?" Cedrik rolls his eyes.

I have my reason, so I don't answer that question. A reason I need to keep away from them. They would never understand it. Never understand the nightmares I keep having. The truth is too cruel to be revealed right now..

"Well, do you now stop with this nonsense and accompany me? Enyalios gave ALL OF US this mission. He knows, how capable we are. Only we can overcome our fears, in order to fight the demons."

"Alright," Cedrik and Chris agree.

When it comes to the gods and goddesses they always have been loyal. Pablo and Lucia both nod and Caspar grins in return. I know that he is open for a new adventure and I guess he will be the one, who follows me without a second thought.

"Great," I say.

But before we make our way to the temple of iter, I reveal one last thing. I say it as casual as I can.

"By the way we have to kidnap said temple god and break into his sacred place."

I receive a lot of glares in return, but can only smile like Caspar does. There is no going back. They all declared, that we do this as a team and our team never breaks a promise.

New chapter is out. What are your thoughts?