Chapter Nine

„He is heavy," Chris whines, while he and the other guys drag Chronos behind them. He is exaggerating like most of the time. A trait of him I never liked. It is annoying. Being a Caelestius means you have a lot of strength and I'm hundred percent sure that Chris can carry the god of time on his own if he wanted to. He is just mad, because he doesn't like the idea of taking another step into the temple. He connects bad memories with it, but he should get over it soon, because we all struggle with it. Including me.

When we walk inside the temple I'm amazed for a moment. It looks exactly like it did many years ago. The humans did an excellent job in rebuilding it and I must admit that I'm impressed by their work. The roof we destroyed completely is rebuild and put together of the old broken stones and even the floor shines in a new light. It is made out of marble and so clean it reflex once image.

The further we go, the more I remember and when we reach the main room, I take a moment to look around. I compare the details of this massive room with the memories I have. Memories I stored deep inside my head, normally buried, but for now I let them flood my mind.

God and goddesses buzzing around like bees and people serving them like there is no tomorrow. Even Chronos is part of that memory and I see him laughing with a glass of wine next to Dionysus. The real god of wine, who is having a blast like always, when his favorite alcoholic beverage is served. The two of them are too engrossed in their conversation that they don't notice the little girl, who is giving out drinks and carrying them on a big silver plate. That is until Dionysus makes a big gesture, trying to explain some nonsense to Chronos, who isn't even listening. The plate shatters with everything on to the ground and there is a short silence when it crashes to the floor. For a second it seems like some of the gods care, but I know better, because short after they continue talking like nothing happened. They ignore that little girl with tears in her eyes and let her tidy the mess up on her own. She is just another human to them or maybe even a slave in their eyes. But that scene doesn't go unnoticed to another pair of eyes and soon there is someone else cleaning the floor and making sure that this little girl isn't cutting herself on the broken glass pieces. His heart to big to leave her alone in her misery. His hair, his face I see him directly in front of me and the way he is trying to comfort her.

At that I stop. I stop thinking and blend that memory out. I'm back at the present and when I look to my right I see that they put Chronos to the ground. They tied his back around a pillar and his arms around his body, to make sure that he can not move at all.

I step closer towards the scene. It is a pity that we could capture him that easy. He is a god after all and though he isn't my favorite I expected a little bit more. Nevertheless I can't not complain, this will make our task easier. We only need him to wake up now, so he can answer some of my question.

Like he heard my thoughts Chronos suddenly opens his eyes and they immediately find mine. He narrows them at me, but I can only smile as he starts to curse us to hell.

„Chronos," I laugh at him. „I have been to hell and let me tell you, you are the smallest of my problems."