Chapter Twenty-one

We agree to take the rest of the day of and leave early in the morning. Yet I don't like Chris and mine agreement. Because of him; Arijus. He is confusing me in many ways. Emotionally and physically. I know, that I will not rest at all this night. So why not start the journey sooner? I'm sure no one, except of Chris would have anything against it.

"Inanna," I hear my name being called.

Albeit I don't turn around and wait for my caller to find me. I already know, who the voice belongs to and somehow I'm curious on what he wants to talk about. He and I can agree, that we are not the best friends in our group.

I raise my brow, when Chris arrives next to me at the top of the mountain. After I left Arijus it was the place it took me to. The scenery in front of me is calming my nerves down somehow. Maybe it is the wind that is blowing through my hair or the nature that leaves me alone with my thoughts.

"What brings you towards me?" I question.

Chris comes closer and stops when he is right next to me. He runs his fingers through his hair a few times, before he opens his mouth. I can read him like a book and see that something is bothering him. The real question though, is why he came to me. I'm probably the last person he wants to chat with. I assume he has a favor to ask and I'm the only person, who can fulfill his wish.

I let out an exasperated sigh, as he struggles to open his mouth. It is always the same. He yells, he screams his heart out, but his voice is small and faint, when he has to ask a favor, especially if I'm the person in front of him.

"Don't," he complains, like a little kid.

I stop, instead I cross my arms in front of my chest.

"Let's look for Chronos right away," he suggest.

Why suddenly the change of heart? There has to be a good reason and I assume that it has a name.

"Elisa," he starts and it confirms my idea.

"She threw a fit?" I guess.

"No, it is actually the opposite," Chris admits. "She wants me to leave right away. She said, that we need to find out why this demon attacked us and that I should get my ass up and solve all of this. She reminded me, that she hasn't been waiting all her life, for me not do anything about the time we missed together."

I'm speechless at first, but then my body shakes with laughter. Chris eyes widen at the sight of me and takes a step back.

"She really said to you to get your ass up?" I chuckle and he crinkles his nose.

"That is the only thing you caught of my speech?"

"No. But it is the only thing that entertained me," I tell him.

In my head, I see Elisa with her eighty years scolding her young lover. The image is too amusing not to laugh about it.

"I guess, I have some new respect for your woman," I declare, when I'm calm again.

Chris smiles slightly, his chin raised high.

"So we are leaving?" he ask.

"On one condition."

He is the one that raises his eyebrows now.

"You don't tell anyone, that I just laughed," I say sternly.

All the humor in my voice is gone and Chris looks at me sadly. He agrees, but has to comment a last time.

"You know it wont hurt anyone, if you show other emotions than reluctance and anger."

I know that he wants to be nice, but I don't play nice. Instead, I give him a blank stare.

"I guess then not," Chris answers and with that leaves me alone.

This is for the best I tell myself; when they all leave me alone.

What do you think about this heart to heart between Inanna and Chris? Tell me your thoughts! Also leave a vote if you like this chapter!