Chapter Ten

„What do you want from me," he spats. He seems like he sobered up enough to know that he is in some kind of danger. He even tries to break free, by pushing his body against the ropes. If it would be a normal rope it is surely possible for a god to accomplish that, but I'm not dumb and thought beforehand.

This rope is made out of mermaid hair. Hair, almost impossible to find and a rare gift like the blue lightening stone. It was given to me by none other than Enyalios himself and he is clever to think that far. It is definitely coming to handy right now and it is a funny sight to see the god of time trying to work against it. But his tries will only lessen his power, that magical rope is making sure of that, by absorbing the power of its prisoner and using it against him. It is not possible for him to break free without my approval. He doesn't has the power to.

„I have some questions for you," I tell him.

"And for that you have to capture me?" he glares, his eyes getting darker with every word.

„You wouldn't have listened otherwise. And now you sobered up. It is a win win situation," I explain.

He huffs at my explanation „That might be true, but why would I now speak to you." He gestures at his body, where the ropes are tide. Finally he stops struggling against them and excepts the fact that he can't escape.

"Easy. You either tell us or we will leave you here," I imply, gesturing at his situation. His eyes widen, like he can't believe that I'm talking to him like that. For a moment I see something that seems like fear, but he quickly covers it with an furious expression.

"And you didn't even see the best part of this rope. It can slowly slice through your body. But before you die it will heal your skin like nothing happened and it starts all over again," Caspar bluffs, grinning at Chronos like he enjoys the thought. This time it isn't fake. Caspar would enjoy that sight, but it isn't a part of this ropes power.

Again Chronos tosses his body against his trap and I only sigh. He will never learn.

"Stop moving Chronos and just answer my questions. Where are your portals and how do you use them?" I come to the point. At my words he stops moving. He is too astonished to do so.

Flabbergasted his asks,"Why would you want to know that? And who told you about them?"

"That shouldn't be your problem. Just answer me!," I growl, getting more annoyed by every second that I have to spend more time with this god. In earlier times he was easier to get along with and I see why they banned him to this temple. This wasn't his decision and I see why he gets drunk. He wants to forget about his misery.

"Why should I? Whats in there for me?" he tries another tactic. He is no better than any other god I met. They all want a favor, something in return for their help.

"How about getting you free?" I propose, carefully choosing my words.

Chronos eyes beam and he grins brightly at me.

"Now we are talking," he says. "If you get me free, I will show you the portals, even open one for you," he tells me and it is my time to grin. That is exactly what I want. Too bad for him, that he is walking straight into my trap.

"Alright, I will personally get you free," I say and Chronos immediately tells me to put my hand on his shoulder. It is to seal our contract or more the contract he think he is doing. When my hand meets his shoulder, I feel a slight burn and there is a sign appearing on my skin. But short after it is gone and I pull my hand away.

"So where are the portals?" Cedrik asks and we all wait for Chronos.

He laughs shortly and I raise my brow at his behavior. None of us get his joke.

"They are here and they are everywhere, where I want them to be," he explains and I get what he wants to tell us. He is able to open portals everywhere in this temple and there isn't a specific space for it.

"So where do you want to go?" he asks then. His eyes are on me.

"Open a portal to earth," I say and he isn't the only one, who looks at me like I lost my mind. My teammates look at me the same way, but I don't care. We need to complete our mission, no matter what.