Chapter Four

Since I can remember Lucia has long wavy red hair. She inherited them from her great grant mother. Well, that is what she tells everyone. However, the long hair is gone, almost all of it. For the first time, I can see her ears and the piercings she is wearing. They are gold small studs and she has a lot of them.

She is towering over most men and is giving them death glares. Some even take a step back.

She hasn't notice us yet and is yelling at the guards to go away. I see the fire in her eyes. She is ready to kill every single one, that tries to get in her way.

She wants to protect Caspar. Her love for him has always been questioning. She could have picked Cedrik, with his stormy green eyes and blond mane. Or even Pablo. But no she falls in love with the crazy one. Maybe that just tells me, how crazy she is.

"Back down," she warns the guards, holding her saber in both hands.

First the guards are perplexed. They don't recognize her as one of us and think she is a lunatic. Her hair were after all her trademark. With them gone, she just looks wild and untamed.

Instead of fearing her, some of the guards have the courage to laugh.

My lips move at their ignorance. They are already death, I think.

Lucia hates men that don't respect her and soon the first head drops to the ground. With her saber she attacks the guy closest to her. She cuts his head of with one strike.

That is, when hell breaks lose. The crowd divides, woman scream and the chaos starts. It is the perfect opportunity. I give the others a sign and they start to move.

The gurads try to keep the situation under control. But with such a large crowd, they can't get to every one. Many try to escape, the nobles are the first. Some even leave their wives behind to search for a way out.

Lucia is still fighting the guards. Distracting them enough for me to approuch Caspar.

He watches Lucia, but his eyes linger on the body parts that are coming of, instead of her.

He recognizes me immediately. His eyes increase in size and he shows me his rotten teeth.

"Now look at what the last breeze brought to me," he acknowledges me.

His words doesn't make sense, but I overlook it. Who knows what is going inside of his head.

"Well, it has been a long time Caspar."

He titles his head to the side, "It sure has Inanna, what a pleasant surprise."

Then he looks into the crowd, like he is searching for familiar faces.

"So why are you here? A prison is not a place, I would imagine you in," he tells me, with one hand under his chin.

"No, but it is one I see you in," I state and he gets the double meaning behind it.

At the corner of my eye I see Lucia, who kills another man. Her weapon swings from left to right, not caring, how bloody it already is.

"I want you to come with us. We are getting you out."

He laughs humorlessly. I set my lips into a straight line. I already have enough of him.

"And if I don't want to get out? By the way, I think Lucia is already doing your job," he tells me.

"She is. I want both of you to come with us," I order.

He looks at me closely, like I'm a puzzle to be solved.

"With us you mean?" he questions.

I give him an unimpressed look. He knows the answer to that question.

"All six?" he wants to know.

"What else," I say.

He bites his lips and then mumbles some incoherent words. A loud laugh follows and I see the gleam in his eyes.

"Well, then I can't say no."

I didn't expect another answer and nod at him. Caspar is easier to convince than all the others.

That is all I need to hear from him, before I whistle loud enough for the others to hear. It is the third sign.

Next we all gathere around Lucia. The guards are in front of us, but they don't see us coming.

Lucia doesn't notice us at first, too occupied with her killing. Only when I put my hood down, she registers who I am. Her brow furrows and I see the question mark in her head. She gives me a piercing look, when our eyes meet.

"Hello Lucia," I say and for a moment her face is blank.

The guards around her are forgotten. It gives them time to breath.

"Inanna,"she calls out my name.

I can hear the thick accent and I remember, how hard it was to understand her in the beginning.

"Like I just told Caspar. You are going on a mission with us," I tell her and she stares at me for a few seconds.

"Is he going as well?" she wants to know, referring to Caspar.

I repeat my words,"What else," and she nods shortly at me.

She will follow him everywhere and I use that to my advantage.

Finally I have them all together, I think. I smile, before I give the last sign to my members. It means attack.

Immediately they all take out their weapon to kill the last remaining guards.

Hello everyone. What are your thoughts on this chapter?