26 - Unwanted and Trash

Start from the beginning

"Yes sir" I replied nervously.

I am super afraid now.

I am sure I kept it there. "What happened Ms Hayer?" I can sense anger in his voice.  I look at him he has a confused and also angry face.

"Sir quotations are missing"

"What are you speaking Hayer, check it properly" he whispered pressing his head.

"I did sir, but it's not there"

"What are digging into Mr. Dev?" Said Vihaan with a smirk.

"Did you Choudary?" inquired Adith slowly enough for us to hear.

What are they talking about?

Vihaan laughed and take a document and gave it to Sharma's PA.

Vihaan gave me a strong gaze and smiled at me. I can't even comprehend what is happening here.

Adith called Mr. Sharma's PA.

"We back off," said Adith and stood up from his seat. How can he do it, he worked too hard for this project?

"But sir, it's an important project"

"Come, Ms Hayer, we need to leave"

"See you soon Janvi" I heard Vihaan voice. I gave him a confused glimpse and walked out with Adith.

"Get in the car" he ordered.

The drive to our office is really very quiet. None of us spoke. He keeps on looking out the window. I can feel he is controlling his anger by the way his jaws are clenched.

Who might have stolen it is the only one that is in my mind all through the drive.  After getting into our office, "To my cabin," he said and went in. I followed him. Once we get inside it he closed the door. I am scared and confused.

"How much you get?"

"Sir?" I asked confused.

"Don't act innocent Hayer" he shouted making me flinch.

"I don't know what are you talking about sir"

"I know you are the one who did it you stole from me and gave it to that bastard" he yelled coming close to me, making me move back.

"No sir, I didn't do it, I promise" I murmured.

"Don't lie on my face dammit" he punched the wall behind me strong and I am sure it would have gave him a deep wound.

"Do you know how much I worked hard for this project? How can you do it?" Did he question me?

"Sir please, believe me, I didn't do anything"

"Don't fucking lie" he shouted.

"I swear sir, I don't know who take it. I am the one who kept it in my bag"

"Then how did it go away from you"

"I don't know sir, even there is no one on the floor when I came"

He snickered and came close to me, "you yourself told me, Hayer, if there is no one other than you, then who might have done it?"

Does he think this low of me?

"You should have asked me if you need anything"

"No sir, please believe me" I am controlling my tears.

"Believe you? I can never do it. How much did he give you for stealing my quotations? I have been working on this project so hard that you can't even imagine"

He backed a little and took a vase from there and broke it into pieces on the floor. I am afraid of this man in front of me. He is not in his senses.

"I should have been more careful as you are flirting with that bastard Vihaan. Tell me how much did he give you?"

"No sir you are wrong in assuming things"

"Yes, I am wrong in assuming things. Seeing you with him at each and every party, I should have been more careful. You did it purposefully to make me fail. You did it again by backstabbing me"

"No sir, I can't ever do it" why would I do it for him working for his company?

"It's not new for you doing the same things. You should have asked me for money if you need it. I would have given you, why did you go to him? Wait... Did he refuse to sleep with you if you don't steal my hard work? Yeah, that might be. You can do anything for having sex haan? If you desperately wanted to get laid I would have satisfied you why did you steal it you theif" how venomous he is.

"no sir please stop" I begged him to stop, this time fault is mine, I should have kept it safe.  "Then why did he wink at you and say that see you again?" He yelled.

"I don't know why he did it. But I swear I don't do anything regarding the documents sir. I promise please trust me" I said.

"Fuck your trust. Now I lost my hard work just because of you, because you're greedy  I lost my project to that bastard, it's all because of you, you are the reason for my loss, you can never be loyal to a person. Just for money, you did it, right? I will make your parents bankrupt you will suffer for whatever you have done" he is seething with anger.

"Why can't you believe me," I said looking into his eyes.

"I would rather die than believe you"

My heart broke into pieces hearing it. He won't ever believe me not hear me.

"You can never be useful to anyone Hayer, just an unwanted and trash in my life" his voice is full of venom.

"Get out and never come back to my office ever," he said turning another side.

I went to my office to have a last peek. I gathered myself and walked out of the room to see Raman's uncle, one who cleans our office standing there with a sad face.

"Uncle you should have asked me money if you need it," I said.

Yes I know other than me he is the only other than me.

"I am sorry mam, I don't know what to do I was threatened with my family, I was not able to get help from anyone," he said crying in front of me.

"Uncle, can you please leave this job?" I said gave him a card.

"Meet this person, he will give you some job but uncle please don't repeat this mistake ever money is not always a solution to your problems. And I can never forgive you"

"Why are you giving it to my mam, you should have told sir that I am the one who stole it"

"Leave it, uncle, be honest hereafter" if Adi know about it he would definitely harm him in blind anger.

"I will mam and I am really sorry I wanted that money to treat my wife medical issues I had no other options" he cried.

"But uncle who told you to do it? Vihaan?"

"No mam, the one who told me to do is a girl near your age"

In, added, "is she from our office?"

"No mam, she is not working in our office. I have seen her somewhere but I don't remember where"

"Thanks, uncle," I said and walked to the elevator.

I am walking aimlessly on the road not getting what is happening in my life.

I don't know my destination, I don't know my cause of living in this world.

'Unwanted and trash in my life' his words never left my ears, it keeps on ringing in my ears and the accusation is really heart wrecking.