Choices have Consequences

Gabrielle stood up once her daughter and her mate entered the room, face devoid of expression even though she was excited to see her. From the very beginning, she knew that this reunion wasn't going to be an easy or pleasant one, but it had been long since overdue, especially in light of recent events. Her daughter's words stung, but most were irrefutable. She had done what she thought was right, hoping that distance would keep her away from this life. She wanted to give her daughter a chance at a normal life, and for their kind, it wouldn't have been impossible. Had she managed to avoid being bitten, the Lycan blood within her would've remained dormant either until she had suffered a life-threatening scenario or given birth. Gabrielle thought that she had more time, but before she knew it, it had been far too late.

Gabrielle kept silent for a little while as her daughter finished speaking, looking at Erin for a moment before turning her eyes back to her daughter's. "You're still a child, and my child at that," she began, maintaining her calm, "Of course, I can see that my decision has led to troubles for you. I didn't mean for any of this to happen, and at the time it was best for me to leave you, in hopes that you wouldn't be drawn into what I knew what was to come."

The mention of her dead mate, Jade's father, had rubbed her the wrong way, her lip still twitching a bit as she walked close to the bars. "You have no idea what was sacrificed to try to keep you out of all of this," fists clenched and the muscles in her arms pulsing, "The Witches weren't my people, I only had you, your father, and....my brother," she rolled her shoulders, trying to calm herself down, "I can't take back what has happened to you because of my negligence, but know that I missed you with every passing day," she walked toward the bars, "With our bloodline, you would've gone years without changing. Your true nature hidden away long enough for me to properly handle things, so that I could come and explain myself," she gripped the bars hard, the metal groaning in protest to her tightening grip, "Had you not been bitten by another, you probably wouldn't have had any issues."

She huffed, eyes now on Erin, tilting her head a bit as she sniffed, taking in his scent. With her well of knowledge, she could discern their kind anywhere, and she could smell it on him, though it was faint. "Seeing as he is the one that bit you, I take it, I now understand why I didn't have as much time as I had thought," she looked back to her daughter, "You may think that you have all the answers, but you don't. My brother, your Uncle, and an enemy to all like us, is growing stronger. I am here to make sure that you and your family are able to withstand the hell that he will bring to your doorway in the future. I'm here to ensure that my grandchildren get to see a future without having to worry about their homicidal Uncle. I'm here to try to make up for my mistakes and because....," a hostile aura quickly filled the basement as she peeled the bars apart like warm butter, "As your mother, I can no longer standby and do nothing...You don't have to like it, but I won't be taking "no" for an answer."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Erin had been curious to see what Jade's mother wanted, knowing that ultimately it was going to be up to Jade how the outcome with her mother came out. However, he was a bit taken aback at how powerful a presence her mother gave off. Or was it because there were two familial Lycans in close quarters with one another? Or was it perhaps his own anxiety? Either way, it was an intense exchange, Things only got more intense when Jade's mother easy bent the cells bars under her own grip, and peeled them apart as if peeling a banana.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Val smiled as Shane kissed her forehead and eventually came to join her. She had definitely taken a liking to the History Channel's Ancient Alien show, and she nearly watched it religiously. It helped her, she thought, as it engaged her mind in something that couldn't be verified but also was plausible, if one were to expand their mind to possibilities that seemed too incredible to be real.
"I can't help myself," she chuckled for a moment, her face dropping ever so slightly, "Do you think Jade is going to be okay? I mean...a lot has gone on recently, and I'm sure there has to be a reasonable explanation for some things...I just don't want things to get out of hand." She recalled the conversation she had in private with Jade regarding going through with her pregnancy. She didn't want Jade to make any rash choices purely based on emotions, and felt like she might be letting her down a little by not being there by her side. Granted, she was in no condition to be trying to get between anything, as she was still dealing with nightmares every so often.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jax, after receiving a text from Shane, grabbed Alyssa and headed to look after the twins, both choosing silence over chatter. This was no time to accidentally wake up and upset the boys when their Luna was dealing with familial issues on the level that was taking place. In-fighting was one thing between them already, but 2 Lycans going at it...they both recalled how one-sided the ass-whooping was that Ulric gave them when he stepped on the scene. It made them shudder a bit as they sat in the room with Lyn, listening out for anything.