Liers and Truth Seekers

Gabriella fought back her urge to snap at the pup who dared to speak to her in such a manner, but she drew in a deep breath and held it together. She understood that her presence was likely to be a disturbance, but she wasn’t going to let a little thing like this stop her from seeing her daughter or grandchild. She had thought that her absence would’ve saved her daughter, but evidence would prove that it simply brought her more strife than intended. She would understand if her daughter hated her for the decision that she made, but she was no longer willing to sit idly by, especially under the recent circumstances.

She followed Jeremy to the cells, making no effort to decline or be obstinate with the request. She knew that they had to know that Silver Cells or not, if she wanted out, she could get out, but she was going to be respectful until she had accomplished what she came to do. She wasn’t sure if her daughter would forgive her actions or if she even deserved it, at this point. However, there is no mother alive, human or not, that can go on knowing that they’ve hurt the most important thing in their life, especially when their actions were supposed to have the opposite effect.

She had chosen to remain silent while in the cells, feeling it better to simply wait her allotted time. It was nothing new to her, the waiting, as she had done this for years upon years. However, the burning desire to look upon her daughter’s face, even in this tumultuous situation, was beginning to get the better of her. She’d adhere to the rules, though, to the best of her ability. Although, she had to admit that she had little to no intentions of being turned away from here. She’d apologize for the heartache she brought her daughter, but there was no way she intended to leave her again after she had ventured from seclusion and found the truth of what had happened to her baby. Let alone the fact that her brother still drew breath and now had a pup of his own to raise in his own image, she’d need to be around so that her grandchildren could understand the bloodline that they had inherited.

Jax and Alex were on first watch, standing across from the cell arms crossed and scowls on their faces. Alex was more irritated than Jax, due to his close nature with Erin and not be able to comprehend what any of that must’ve felt like. Jax was simply disgusted with the audacity of this woman to come here after everything that went down, wondering what kind of idiot would simply stroll into their territory like this.

“You’ve sure got some nerve,” Jax finally blurted out breaking the silence.

Gabriella chose not to react to the bait, sitting calmly with her eyes close, silently meditating and gathering her own thoughts and organizing her own words, so she might not seem as dumbstruck and nervous as she felt

“Leave it be,” Alex replied, his eyes never leaving the woman, “Erin and Jade will decide what to do, so let’s not make it any worse.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The only thing keeping Erin from bounding from the bed was his mate, her hand tightly in his own, signaling for him to calm himself and stay. He drew in a deep breath, holding it for a three-count, and exhale audibly. He wanted curse at the woman who was supposed to be a mother to his mate, to question her motives, her intentions, your lack of support and guidance. He was overcome with hanger and fury or would’ve been had he not felt the light squeeze of Jade’s hand. He turned to his mate and kissed her forehead, lightly running a hand atop the head of his boys. “Do you think it’s safe to leave her down there? I doubt we can really hold her in there…,” he agreed with Jade’s decision to handle it tomorrow, but knowing she was a Lycan and the power they possessed made the ordeal atypical. He resigned himself to follow her lead, as it was her mother, and he preferred her and their children’s company to diving into yet another messy situation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ulric was basking in the thought of raising his new daughter to be the fiercest thing to walk this Earth, to create the true Apex predator among them, one that would be feared as a god. He had those in his employ clean up the corpse that had become of Annika, she had died of blood loss after the birth. It was a tragic loss, but ultimately nothing that major in his eyes, he was planning on taking over her education, anyway. A mother would’ve gotten in the way of his plans. He would gift her all is knowledge and tools necessary to be something greater than even himself. While that may have seemed contradictory to his mindset, he wanted his bloodline to be the best, so if he managed to make a living god in process, one born from himself, he felt that by proxy he was greater, since he would’ve created said god.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jonathan Bloodwell had a particularly hard time, though he had managed. He was rather upset that the filthy mutts thought that they could pull the wool over his eyes. This was after he had done them the favor of giving them back their kin alive, a mistake that he would not make a second time ‘round. Their deceit had ensured retaliation in the future for them, one of his own personal design, as they had put back his work a couple of months. He was forced to go about things in a rather tedious manner. However, he was grateful that he kept eyes on those who must be dealt with in the future, it made obtaining the corpse of a Lycan. Dissecting Annika’s corpse proved to be most valuable, taking samples mostly from her abdomen, ovaries, and now empty womb proved to be most beneficial.

Truly, he was back on track for the things that he wished to obtain, but there was still a lot of work to be done. He would be sure to give the wolf pack a response to their treachery, but he needed to bide his time for now, he needed to access the situation and handle things on his end first. There would always be time to deal with them, and he felt it might be a bit more fun to let time pass and exact his vengeance when they least expected it. He was sure they had already cast thoughts of him aside, perhaps not the Hunter Association altogether, but he was sure that they figured the personal request of a madman had been fulfilled with their deceit. Little did those miscreants know that he was a witch of both high and ill-repute. He’d make them regret this, and he’d make them all pay for what had been done. The idea brought quite the grin to his face as he went about his ventures in his personal top-notch lab.

Jade slept on and off as she took care of her children with her mate, he helped  every other turn. She knew Lyn wanted to see her, but today she needed her rest.  

As morning  came, Jade slowly  sat up in the bed she shared with her mate. She kissed him on the lips as a gentle  wake up. "Babe we should probably go see what she wants so we can get rid of her as quickly  as possible." She has been thinking about it all night, she didn't want her here or near her children. Jade would  never leave her children like her mother did. There was never any other choice her kids were hers. She slowly got off the bed with Erin's help. Her body was a bit sore still from having  two pups. She leaned into him and sighed as she nuzzled the one constant good thing besides her children in her life. Jade had fed the twins and got them to sleep. Her children would hopefully  sleep till she got back.

She walked out of the room, hand in hand with Erin, thankfully  the others were busy and not around so they could slip into the basement without being  seen. She walked down with Erin to the dungeons it seemed Shane and Alex had chosen to stay on guard she guessed  they all been on and off switching. Her hand went to Alex's shoulder and Shane's. Both looked at her. "Go on Shane, go be with Val and Lyn." She told him. He hesitated a moment. "I have this." Jade told him. When he was gone she turned  to Alex. "Guard the top of the steps I don't need anyone coming down." She said. If anyone could handle a full breed Lycan it was Jade, she had learned a lot staying with Ulric. Her blue icy gaze landed on her mother.

"Hello Gabrielle, what are you doing  here? Wanted to spend quality time with your daughter. I don't  need a mother, I needed one years ago. Now I am an adult, I have children  of my own, which considering what I am would of happened eventually my change would of been inevitable and I could of killed someone the first time I changed. Which why would  you need advice from a woman who never raised her own child, who abandoned her own child. Something I never could do in a million years. You have been hiding out with the witches since my father's death. You left me to know nothing about who I was, what I was, I had to learn everything on my own. My children will know who and what they are never wonder who there family is." Jade said coldly, something she learned from Ulric. "So what do you want Gabrielle? Are you on the run? Why here? Why me? You have the witches. Haven't you caused enough damage in my life, what more could you possibly want from me?" Jade growled. Jade felt Erin's grip  on her, not realizing she was losing her temper. Her body relaxed at his touch.

~~~~

Shane had nodded  to his Luna and left to go check on Val and Lyn. He smiled  seeing Val laying with Lyn who was asleep in her arms. He leaned over and kissed his mate on the forehead. "Here let me love." He picked up the now 4 almost 5 year old pup and took her to her mattress  in there room since they were watching Lyn for Jade and Erin. Shane covered her up with a blanket. He pulled out his phone and messaged Jax to go watch over Jades pups with Alyssa since Jade wasn't in the room with them.

He sent it and sat next to Val putting  an arm over her shoulders. "How you doing beautiful?" He asked softly. Shane loved Val and was excited  for her to have his pup. He Nuzzles her softly and looked at the tv. "This channel again?" He groaned and lay into her with a soft sigh. "Need food are you hungry or a drink?" He asked wanting  to get any and everything for her. Shane had become more protective over her than when she gotten back. He still wanted to hurt those damn hunters for what they did to her. Just the thought made his fists curl, but he knew he had to keep calm for her.