A Dilemma for the Ages

Erin took a deep breath as they walked outside, a small air of relief around him as he contemplated all he could have lost. He was truly elated to have his family back in his grasp, but at the same time he harbored a deep vengeance and unfathomable rage toward Ulric and everyone associated with him. While grateful that Marius had helped them, in the end, he wasn’t one to forget that it was Marius who had gotten them into this situation in the first place. He knew that Jade would most certainly forgive him for this transgression, but he wasn’t one to easily forgive for an offense against his family.

He was jolted from his angry thoughts by Shane’s question, turning to him and giving him a half smile. “I’m better,” he replied slowly, the fog of rage dissipating, “Just glad that things ended the way they did. I just need some time to cool off, ya know,” he slapped Shane on the shoulder, “It was just a lot,” he quickly went to change the subject, “How are you though? I’m not the only one here that was put through the ringer. Have you and Val had time to talk? I don’t even know what to say to her, god knows what she had to put up with while she was captured.” It was definitely an easy out, but he just didn’t want to talk about all the things on his mind.

He found himself further curious about what Jade had shown him earlier, he still found it hard to believe. On that note, he wondered how her mother could stand by a monster that would harm her child, as he was seething with rage. He felt dizzy and a bit out of sorts, but he was holding it together well for the time being. However, in the pit of his stomach was a raging storm of wild emotions that had been building since the day she went missing. He was at odds as to how to deal with it all, so for now, he decided that he would simply enjoy the fact that his family was back together.

He truly worried for his sister, too. She had been through the ringer, but he didn’t want to press her too hard about all that happened while she being held captive. He could sense that she was still a bit on edge, as he figured anyone would be, under those conditions. He was simply glad to have everyone back in the Pack and under one roof again. However, he knew that their troubles were just getting started, and that’s what ate at him the most. Ulric was still out there, Jade’s mother was now in the fold, their was the daughter of Ulric too. There were simply too many variables for him to even think straight. On top of those issues, there were the other Packs, the humans and the Witches. Enemies everywhere and on all fronts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Val listened to what Jade had to say, unable to truly compare to her situation, but she empathized with her Luna, her sister-in-law. She drew in a deep breath and sat close to Jade, placing a hand on her knee. “I can’t even imagine the hurt and pain you feel,” she started, placing another hand on her cheek, “I don’t want to tell you what to do, but I don’t think you should do that.” She stated.

“You’re carrying, inside you, your own flesh and blood,” She said, “Even if one of them doesn’t belong to Erin, you can’t let something like that strip you of the gifts that are growing inside you,” she placed the hand that was on her cheek on her stomach, “We’re going to kill that sonofabitch, soon. He will never know the child that is inside you. They are both yours, they are one of us, they don’t belong to anyone else that isn’t in this house.” Even though she was saying these things, deep down she could only imagine the turmoil and pain that was surging through her Luna. She didn’t want Jade to kill them just because one of the 2 new lives inside of her was birthed from a forced encounter, but she couldn’t blame her Luna for such feelings.

“They will grow to be a legacy unlike any other, and regardless of their origin, they will be yours. You will love them unconditionally, you will cherish every moment you have with them. If you were to get rid of them, I don’t think you’d be able to recover from that,” She spoke, staring at her Luna, “I’ll be here to support you unconditionally, you know that. Your happiness means more to me than anything, we both know that without you Erin would be lost,” she chuckled, “He only looks at you with undeniable love in his heart, and doing anything outside of having these babies would crush him. You and I both know, right now he is consumed with thoughts of destroying anyone and everyone that has done us and you wrong,” she gave a little chuckle.