A Bright Morning After a Dark evening

Sun rising on a new day in through the infirmary window, as it settled on Jade's slightly golden tanned skin and crawled across her daughter who was curled into her parents, and Erin. The mated couple were curled closely together and each had a protective grip of the other. As the sunlight seeped through Jade let out a soft groan and hid into the chest of her mate. Her bruises and cuts had healed, her broken ribs were still on the mend. The cut under her eye was still healing as well Sam wasn't sure what happened. He had done his best with the mate of the Alpha and tried to make sure she was okay. He did not want the alpha to be to kill him for loosing his mate.

Jade's eye's fluttered and she looked up to see her mate. Her free hand went to trail down his muscular arms and she kissed him lightly.

Erin stirred as he felt the warmth of the sun on his body and the scent of both his mate and his child in his nose. The scents of them both bringing back memories of the events that had recently transpired. The kidnapping, the search, the fight, his daughter's change. His eyes shot open as his heart had begun to race, but he was quickly put at ease as he was met with the gaze of his mate and the feel of his daughter between them. His body felt a little sore all over, the fight with the Alpha had done a bit of a number of him, he had been both thankful and upset that Jade had stepped in. More for her own safety than his ego, but he still would've wished she had let him fend for himself. All wolves still have an ego after all. He yawned long and big as he stretched his limbs before stroking the side of Jade's face and checking on Lynn's sleeping form. His eyes traced over Jade's body to see if he could see any lingering marks, knowing that Sam had been the one to handle their care, and from where he lay, it appeared that Jade was going to be okay. He smiled at her before lightly stroking the head of his little girl, making sure not to disturb her rest, grinning at his sleeping pup. He was glad to have them both back in his arms like this, the thought of anything hhappening to either of them was maddening.

It had been a little less of a stingy situation, knowing that Dante hadn't been in on the kidnapping of his daughter. However, he was still a member of the Pack that would see her taken from him, and that still put guilt of him in Erin's eyes. There would be no forgiveness to those that would dare bring harm to Lynn, and he would soon see his vengeance brought round when he was ready to do a little Alpha hunting. During his confrontation with the Alpha, no words were past between the two wolves, as each knew why the other was there. With hackles raised, the two merely circled each other, sizing up the other, and then engaged one another. All ego aside and in reflection, Erin was grateful that Jade had shown up. He had gone into the fight blinded by rage and anger, which dampened his prowess, the fight was surely leaning in the Alpha's direction before her interruption.

"Stay with her until she wakes, I'll be right back." Erin asked of Jade as he slowly sat up and got off the bed. He wanted to check on the others, and make sure that they were all okay. With their safety and health confirmed with his own eyes, he needed to make sure the rest were in good condition.

In the kitchen is where he found Alex, Shane, and Jax. They were sitting at the table, eating silently. They sprang up once Erin entered the room.

"How's Jade?" Shane asked.
"How's Lynn?" Alex inquired.
"Are they okay?" Jax added.

The questions had nearly come in unison, and Erin nodded. "They're both fine. How are you guys holding up?"

Everyone nodded and expressed their healthy demeanor. Erin noticed that the girls weren't there, a silence falling over the room, but Shane spoke up.

"Alyssa is just sleeping in at the moment, and Val...," his voice trailed off. "She's..."

He didn't need to finish the statement, Erin understood. The whole Dante situation had dredged up a whole bunch of old memories and feelings. Val was a sensitive soul in matters of the heart, so he understood that she was probably just trying to pull herself back together before she was seen by others. He'd give her some privacy this morning, but he wouldn't allow this isolation to go past lunch. He had thought that she had possibly gotten over his desertion....a thought that stung a sore spot with him as he thought on that. Jade had, initially deserted him, but she came back. Thinking on that, he wondered if his good fortune had possibly made her hopeful for Dante's return. He lowered his head and nodded at the others and told them to carry on. Lexi wasn't there either, but he figured that she was still asleep or with Jeremy. That one had chosen an interesting time to fall into their Pack.