Return Of the Lost souls

Ulric looked at Marius, grinning. "We had things to take care of," he said with a sly grin, "Let's get a move on then." Ulric felt absolved of his earlier transgressions, as they were all for his family and to continue the Blackwood lineage. There was no sense in letting himself and his sister be the only Lycans still around, they were meant for greatness, and Ulric planned to thoroughly explain that to his sister. She had hidden away from him for too long, isolated herself from her duties as a Blackwood, and he would stand for it no longer now that he knew where she was. He was too concerned with his family matters to bother with any ulterior motive that Marius might have. When you've lived for as long as he has being the big bad wolf, there isn't too much that you concern yourself with. Ulric wasn't going to turn during their run, knowing that they were going to be entering Witch Territory, he didn't want to seem like an outright threat off the bat. He considered himself a diplomat, he would try to convince the witches to hand over his sister using words, but if that failed, then he'd be forced to show them why the Blackwood clan was still alive. 

"Do you think that she will come with us?" Annika asked, her question laced with doubt.

"She will see the wisdom in my words," he retorted, a slight grimace passing over his face, "Or she will witness my resolve through sheer power." Ulric wondered if she had even bothered to keep up with her training, hoping that it didn't get pushed that far. [/FONT]

[FONT=Marcellus, serif]"From what I've heard, it doesn't seem like she's one to simply listen to what you have to say." Annika responded, trying to figure out the angle that her father was coming at. [/FONT]

Ulric chuckled a bit. "Save your breath for later, I know what I'm doing. The hardest part of this is likely dealing with the witches. My sister will most certainly come to me, willingly or coerced." He smirked at the thought of gathering all the Blackwoods and reigning supremacy over all. The last obstacle would be simply making the witches and vampires recognize them as their true leaders. Obviously, that meant that Marius and the head witch would have to be made example of, but it was all for the glory of his family...therefore, an acceptable loss of life, in his eyes and mind. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erin had gathered the others and they were all getting ready to get into their vehicles and head out, when it happened. A sudden sharp pain that ripped through his whole body, dropping him hard to his knees and forcing him to fall against the car. The pain irradiating through his entire being, but was sharpest in his heart, which he clutched at as if to keep it from bursting out. 

Jade! He shouted in his mind. He wasn't exactly sure of the details, but every fiber of his being told him that something was horribly wrong. The others had gathered around him and attempted to help him, but the pulsing pain only continued to throb deep within him. Agony. Pain. Humiliation. Weakness. Disgust. Betrayal. Surrender. Survival. Revenge. These feelings reverberated through his psyche as the world faded in out around him, the voices of the pack seeming so far away and drowned out. 

When his vision finally cleared, he could feel tears streaming down his face. 

"Are you okay?" Alex was helping him to his feet. 

The answer was an obvious 'No', but he needed to stay in one piece for the time being. They needed to band together and regain their pack members, making them all whole again. He would deal with this noxious  knot in his stomach later. 

He forced a smile. "Yeah," he almost coughed out, "The stress of all of this just got to me for a moment," he pulled himself upright and faced the concerned look of the pack, straightening himself up and grinning, "Now's no time to hang around me, let's go get Val back!" he barked as he entered his vehicle, choosing to have Shane drive.