Chapter 7 - needle

Start from the beginning

"Nice outfit." A sweet voice spoke and I turned my head to find the blonde girl smiling friendly at me.

"Right at yours." I returned her smile out of politeness even though I didn't pay too much attention to her clothing.

"Thank you love, what's your name by the way? I'm Gemma."

"Gwen." I said simply and rotated my body to face her, she seemed way nicer than the average person in that putrid place. All of a sudden she gasped and covered her mouth with her hand in abrupt shock.

"Was that the jerk from earlier?" She winced out, not dropping her arm just yet.

"What?" I looked at her with pure confusing.

"Your face... Did he hit you? We could ca-"

"No no no!" I cut her off instantly and sniffled a laugh, maybe Benjamin was a massive douchbage though he'd never go that far let alone lay his hands on me. He was better than that.

"He's more of a words person, less actions."

She looked a bit flustered as she tucked her long hair behind her ear and let out a sigh.

"Who was that then?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." I said sluggishly.

I watched as the brown in her irises was laced with sympathy as she looked deeply into my eyes for some kind of clue but shrugged when found none.

"Let's talk about something else then. I can tell you don't really feel like dancing right now and neither do I." Her lips curled upward in a grin and I couldn't help but feel relief wash through me as she brushed off the touchy subject.

"Sounds like a plan."

She seemed relieved when I beard with her and didn't hold a grudge against her digging into my wounds.

"So, what are your hobbies?" She tucked her hair behind her ear and shifted a bit in her chest to find a better position.

"Well, I really love horse riding and drawing when i'm in the mood. Yourself?"

"Oh my god do you ride? 'Cause same here!" She slightly jumped in her seat excitedly and the huge smile across her face was worth million pounds.

"Do you have your own horse?" She asked before I even had the chance to figure out what she had just said.

"Nope, well, the horse's partly mine. I ride at The Tomlinsons' farm, they've got an incredible one and they're also really...Welcoming." I spoke proudly as I felt butterflies spreading in the pit of my stomach just thinking of my favourite horse, Absolute. Finally I got someone to talk to about my horse passion, usually no one would give a crap.

"Mr. Tomlinson? I know his daughter, Lottie. They're such a lovely family! I used to ride with her along the beach." Her eyes glistened with joy whilst I could tell good memories were floating her brain.

"I'd like to agree with you, they're all charming and have got golden hearts! I've actually met her a few times at the farm, she's a jolly sweet girl."

"Anyways, you should come over and have a ride with me and maybe we can host Lottie along. That'll be so much fun!" She shuffled closer to me and grabbed my hand in hers and set it in her lap warmly. A toothy grin was sported on her face and eyes sparkled in excitement.

"Oh my god yes!" I cheered and several heads snapped in my direction due to my loud over zestful tone. I instantly dropped my head in embarrassment although my excitement wasn't completely restrained.

She laughed and squeezed my head assuringly as we both fell silent for a while, just thinking of the incredible ride we were going to have and the way we were about to gallop through the woods. Just us and the beautiful horses, caught up in our own magical world.