Chapter 28

Rushed footsteps echoed through the dimly lit hallways as a cloaked figure made their way through the pizzeria, their identity hidden and limping from a deep gash in their leg.

Behind them low growls and static sounded as claws and metal thudded against the tile floors, where scattered papers, toys and stains decorated the scene. It had been a few months since Springtrap had managed to get out and ever since the attacks, the pizzeria had run out of business and was shut down as the citizens were too afraid to face the very things that once made them happy...

The animatronics.

A few people had spotted Springtrap and said it used to be in the horror attraction side of the pizzeria, which had been closed down first, then the customers stopped coming in general and decided to rather eat out at a safer location.

The windows were covered in dust and blocked with newspaper, the doors were locked with chains and a padlock, and every other available entrance or exit was blocked off with wooden boards, padlocks and other strong materials. 

The only ways in or out were the main entrance and main exit, which needed a key for the padlock and for the door.

"Hurry up Freddy! They're catching up."

"I can see that, Winter!"

Rolling her eyes she pulled down her mouthguard and stuck her tongue out childishly before pulling the mouthguard back up and continuing their way through the pizzeria as animatronics, if you could call them that, chased after them with their endoskeleton, wires and power cores showing as their 'skin' was either ripped, burnt or removed.

Winter's nickname for them were ravagers, which definately seemed to suit their animalistic and destructive nature.

"(Y/n) the door!"

"On it!"

Pulling open the door (Y/n) ushered Freddy and Winter into the room before slamming the door shut and putting the chain, padlock and metal pipes back in place and turning to face her friends.

Baby sat on the party stage, her feet hanging off the side as she fiddled with her claw while watching everyone else.

Ennard was hanging in the rooftop and the others were all seated at the tables, on the spare stages, or just sleeping to make sure their energy didn't fully drain in case one of the ravagers got in.

"How bad has it gotten?"

"Really bad. More had come in recently so now we have new 'friends' to join the party."

Winter removed her hood and hung it up before pulling down her mouthguard and hood. 

Her usual night guard outfit was no longer an option anymore. Nowadays she wore a black longsleeved turtleneck with a bullet proof vest and arm guards with black fingerless gloves. She had military issue black pants with hip and leg guards along with calf high black boots with a few straps.

Some places were protected with duct tape and she had a few bags strapped around her forearms, thighs and one on her back with two sharpened poles and a knife.

If anyone saw her they'd think she came from 'The Walking Dead' with her weapons and gear, and many did contemplate that, but if they knew what she faced everyday to try and reach a certain rotting gold rabbit, they'd never judge her again.

"I'll have to try again tomorrow. It's late -well early-, and if I want to get home without suspicion I need to go now."

Nodding (Y/n) bid, Winter goodbye and goodnight before watching her leave the building through the main Exit and disappear into the night. "Get closer to him tonight?"

Freddy sighed and shook his head, "Not even. With the new drop offs he was able to block us off this time. Ennard said that he's relaxed and bored with a toy crown on his head making him seem like a king."

Scoffing, Freddy sat down in one of the chairs and ran his hand over his face, "We need to stop him soon before he gets cocky and decides to try and claim this area too."

Nodding, (Y/n) glanced over at Prize Corner, watching as Mari and Goldie slept with Goldie's arm around Mari keeping her close. They were huddled together on a bed made from a few pillows and blankets Winter had brought in to help us feel more comfortable.

BB and JJ slept not too far away from those two while everyone else slept in their groups. 

The originals in one corner, the Toys in another with the Funtimes taking the stage and Baby and (Y/n) under the stage in the small storage space there.

It was the closest thing to a real 'home' any of them had had since being killed.

There was blankets and pillows for comfort, some food and water for energy and -if necessary- a few sharpened polls, axes and knives for if a ravager got in.

It kinda felt like a zombie apocalypse... only just in the pizzeria and they followed orders from a zombie rabbit. I mean he does have a dead body inside him so it suits him perfectly.

"Get some rest Freddy. I'll take first watch and wake you when either my shift is done or they get in."

Sighing again Freddy nodded and went over to his group plopping down in the chair next to the bed and leaning against the back slowly closing his blue eyes and falling into a dream less sleep.

Sitting behind a 'wall' -made up of bags of flour and sand- (Y/n) kept her (E/c) gaze onto the locked doors, loud banging and scratching sounding from the other side.

Hopefully they'd get Springtrap before his 'army' gets them.