Chapter - Nineteen (Haven)

The first think I did when I walked out of the bathroom was almost drop my towel, which thankfully I caught just in time. There was a man lying on my bed.

“What are you doing here?” I said, trying my hardest not to freak out.

“I’m relaxing.” Damian said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I wanted to slap him. Oh, how I wanted to slap him.

“Okay, well, you can go relax in the living room. I need to get dressed.” I glared at him.

“Then by all means proceed.” He motioned for me to go on, with a smirk on his face.

“Get out you perv!” I demanded, which only caused his smirk to grow.

“I would, but I’m rather comfy here. And I never pass up a good show.” With that comment he winked, and it took all the restrain I had not to lose control. I angrily stomped to my dresser, got clothes, and then stormed to the bathroom, slamming and locking the door. He was such a jerk. The boys better have had a damn good reason for leaving me here with him.

When I emerged from the bathroom, fully dressed, I was a little disappointed to find Damian still lying on my bed. He looked a little disappointed too, probably from my lack of nudity. I walked out of the room, but not before making a mental note to wash my sheets later, I didn’t want to catch anything from Damian. Who knows where he’s been? Much to my dismay, Damian followed me out of the room.

“What happened to the other guys?” I asked, trying to sound civil.

“They went out to go hunt your attacker.” Damian said nonchalantly, like it wasn’t that important. I thought about this information. Did it mean that that thing had come back for me? A shiver ran down my spine as I thought about it. I leaned against the counter, avoiding the couch where Damian was sitting. “So what are we supposed to do until they get back?”

“You know,” Damian started, walking over to me. He stood a little too close to me for comfort. In fact, if he had come any closer our noses would be touching. “You don’t have to act so hostile towards me. It wasn’t that long ago that you liked being around me.” He ran his finger down my arm, and I shuddered. But he did have a point. Only a little over a week ago I had gone out on a freaking date with him. Did I really have that bad of judgment in men? Damian can’t be that bad. Oh right, he kills people.

He sighed when I stayed still, and thankfully backed away a couple of feet.

“Oh well, this isn’t over yet. But in the end you will be mine, I promise you that.” I scoffed at that. Yeah, right. But I would let him think that for now.

I only had to stay with Damian alone for about a half an hour after that, and when the boys came back into the room, I don’t think I have ever felt so glad in my life.

“Did you find anything?” I asked them anxiously, hoping they had stopped whatever was coming after me. Danny shook his head.

“No, we caught a trail and followed it for a little bit, but then it ended. It’s like whatever left it just disappeared.” Hmm, that was weird, and a little bit terrifying.

“Well my job here is done.” Damian said, walking out of the dorm room. No one bothered to say goodbye to him.

“Were you alright alone with him?” Aaron asked me. If I didn’t know better, I would almost say that he sounded almost… protective. Even Ryan shot him a funny look.