Chapter - Eight (Haven)

I dumped out the rest of my tray into one of the trashcans and started to walk back to my dorm. As I walked around the corner, I crashed head-on into one of the most gorgeous guys I had ever seen. I lost my balance, and started to fall, but strong arms caught me before my head could hit the ground.

“Thanks,” I said looking into his beautiful silvery eyes. He really was amazing looking, short blond hair, tall, and very well built. What was with all the guys around here? It must be a preps school thing. I almost fainted as he gave me a smile that took my breath away. Still, he almost looked dangerous

“My pleasure.” He said, holding up my hand and pressing his lips to the back of it. Wow.

“Umm I’m sorry I ran into you.” I said awkwardly while reaching down to get my purse that I had dropped in the collision. He was faster than me though, and he handed me my purse before I could even straighten up.

“No, it was my fault let me make it up to you… go to dinner with me tonight?” he asked and I though I would have a heart attack.

This couldn’t be real. We had just met and he was already asking me out to dinner? But chances like this don’t come every day so I couldn’t pass it up.

“I would love to. Thanks again.” I said awkwardly, not knowing what else to say.

“Yep.” He said giving me that gorgeous, breathtaking smile of his. “I’m Damien.” He said holding out a hand for me to shake. Damien, the name sounded familiar but where had I heard it?

“Haven.” I introduced myself, shaking his strong hand.

“Okay, I’ll stop by your dorm at eight.” After giving him my dorm number, I walked away feeling happy and slightly dazed. When I got to my room, I was the only one there. The rest of the day passed by fast, I couldn’t wait for my date with the stunning Damien. Finally, at seven, Aaron, Ryan and Danny all came into the room looking a little stressed. They all crowded around the couch and started to speak in low whispers, so that I couldn’t hear. Oh well whatever. I went back into the bedroom, took a shower and changed into a cute red dress that my mom gave me for Christmas last year. The dress went to mid-thigh and had a low neck, but it wasn’t too revealing. I put on some light makeup before going to wait out in the living room. When I walked in, all three of the guys turned to stare at me.

“You look nice…why?” Danny asked me. 

“I’m going out tonight.” I said. Aaron and Ryan were still staring at me, their mouths slightly open in shock. But there was something else in their faces…was it jealousy? I could understand Ryan being jealous but Aaron? I though he didn’t like me. I didn’t get a chance to ask because there was a knock on the door. I rushed to open it and almost melted as he gave me that smile again.

“Um come in.” I said, as he walked through the door.

“Thank you.” He said in that beautiful silk voice. I heard a sharp intake of breath from the couch but chose to ignore it, Damien wasn’t that intimidating. Okay, so maybe he was, but the guys should know to have better manners.

“Let’s go.” I said, practically dragging Damien out of the room and glaring at all three of my roommates at I turned to shut the door behind me. Damien led me to the parking lot and opened the door of an expensive-looking black sports car. He walked around to the driver’s side, and as I got into the passenger seat, the extravagant writing on the door caught my attention. Oh my god. It was a Saleen S7 Twin Turbo. I recognized the car easily, growing up as the daughter of one of the best neurologists in America; I was familiar with expensive sports cars. I had never seen this car though; it’s one of the most expensive cars made, costing at least $500,000. I shut the door and settled into the warm leather seat. Outside the sun had already set, so the only lights in the car were the numbers on the complicated-looking CD player.

“Seatbelt.” I said, looking at Damien’s unbuckled seatbelt pointedly. He just laughed and sped off toward New York City. 

I was warm and comfy, and I didn’t know where I was. I opened my eyes and saw the side of my dresser. Alright then, I was in my own bed. But how did I get here? I remember Damien taking me to the fancy French restaurant and dancing with him, the way he nibbled on my bottom lip as he kissed me in his car on the way home…but that’s all I remember. I tried to sit up, but that was a bad idea, I was immediately overwhelmed with dizziness. Three pairs of steady hands caught me and laid me gently back down on my pillow.

“I think she’s waking up now.” That was Danny, so did that mean the other two were Ryan and Aaron? Wow, what is wrong with me, am I really hung over? I don’t remember drinking anything though…

“No really?” said a voice sarcastically. “Is she going to be ok?” Ryan asked. I wasn’t sure if it was meant for Danny or Aaron, as I still had my eyes closed but Aaron was the one that answered.

“Yes, she’s going to be fine. Stop worrying too much, you’ll freak her out.” I opened my eyes slowly, only to find all three of my roommates crowded around my bed, heads pressed together and looking down on me. All three of them looked worried and I wondered what the big deal was.

“What happened?” I asked to all of them. Aaron gave Danny a warning look, and Danny nodded before turning back to me.

“You don’t remember?” he asked. I shook my head and I thought I saw a hint of relief in his eyes…shouldn’t he be worried that I couldn’t remember anything? Is it possible to get Alzheimer’s when you’re only seventeen?

“Well Damien brought you back pretty late last night; you must have drunk a lot.”

“Alright, umm, thanks for taking care of me and all, but can you guys let me get dressed?” they all left at once, except for Danny who hesitated at the doorway, giving me a worried look before leaving and shutting the door behind him.

I got up, almost falling over again from the dizziness, but caught the dresser and steadied myself. The clock by my bed said it was nine, which meant my classes started in two hours. The hot shower felt nice, and I felt a little better. I picked out a pair of skinny jeans and a white tank top. I put my hair up in a side ponytail and went to look in the mirror. I looked cute and I was about to turn around when something on my neck caught my attention. Along the side of my neck were two small cuts. How had I gotten those? Oh well. The guys were all sitting on the couch, heads bent together in a heated conversation.

“I’m going to go get breakfast.” They looked up when I spoke and Ryan and Danny both jumped off the couch.

“We’ll go with you” Ryan said, walking over to stand by me.

The cafeteria was mostly empty, the guys and I got are food and sat at one of the empty tables. I noticed that both guys were unusually jumpy and they kept looking over their shoulders. When I asked them what was wrong, they said everything was fine, but I didn’t believe them.