Chapter - Nine (Aaron)

“What the hell, Damian?” I yelled, knowing that he would hear me. The sound of my voice echoed through the trees in the center of the forest.

“What do you mean little brother?” he asked, lounging lazily on the tree. I glared at him but he just seemed to be enjoying himself.

“I mean, what the hell did you do to Haven, she can’t remember anything.” I was yelling even louder now, but we were still too far away from the school for the humans to hear anything.

“I got a little hungry.” He said as if it was no big deal, and I couldn’t stop my face from turning into a look of disgust. “Why do you care anyway, are you jealous?” Damian was actually laughing now and it took every bit of my control not to attack him right there.

“Just leave her alone Damian.” I was really starting to get mad.

“I would, but it’s just so much fun.” He jumped off his branch and stood so we were only a few feet apart. Before I could stop myself, my arm swung out and with as much force as I could muster, I hit him in the nose. He swore and held his hands to his nose, where blood was streaming out. He swung at me, but I didn’t dodge it. I felt the pain around my eye and I knew it would soon be black.

“Screw this.” Said Damian, walking away in the direction of the parking lot. I didn’t bother to go after him; instead I turned back toward the dorms.

The cafeteria was pretty crowded, but I spotted my brothers and Haven in the corner without any trouble. I sat down and all three of them looked at me. Danny gave me a look that said what-the-hell-happened and I just mouthed tell you later back at him. He nodded. But Ryan, being the idiot that he is had to ask out loud.

“What happened with Dami…”he stopped, remembering that Haven was within hearing distance, but it was too late.

“Damien?” She asked. She turned back to me. “Oh crap Aaron, what did you do to him?”

“Nothing.” I said a little too defensively. But Haven also saw my black eye. She groaned as she started to figure out what had happened. I left then, going back to our room.