Chapter - Seventeen (Danny)

“Hey Danny, we were just talking about you.” Haven said as soon as I entered the dorm. I held up a finger telling them to wait, before I walked into the bedroom part of the dorm. I took off my shirt, and towel dried my hair, the rain outside wasn’t heavy, but it was enough to soak my hair. When it was dry enough, I pulled on a new shirt and walked back into the living room. Haven and Ryan were lying on the floor, spread out before the flat screen.

“Okay I can talk now, what were you saying?” I asked, smiling at the two on the floor. Being full of fresh blood always put me in a good mood.

“Oh I was just telling Ryan here how much more awesome you are than him. And how you love me more than he does.” Haven joked.

“Well I already knew that.” I winked.

“Whatever,” Ryan said pulling himself up off the ground and then turning to me. “It your turn to babysit.” He didn’t even have time to move before the remote to the TV was chucked at his head. He groaned as the object made collided with his skull, and his hand immediately went to the back of his head. If we has human he probably would have had a bump on his head for awhile, but luckily for him it would heal a lot faster.

“You know, for a vampire you have awful reflexes.” Haven observed from where she was sitting, looking amused as hell. There was no way she felt guilty. Ryan just glared and stalked out of the apartment. I went and took the spot where he had been sitting.

“So, my dear, what do you want to do today?” I asked.

“Wanna have a chick flick marathon?” Haven seemed excited, and to be honest, I am a sucker for chick flicks.

“Sure.” I said smiling.

“Ha, I told Ryan you would. You really are my favorite Danny, just don’t tell the other two.” I laughed. And then we watched Bring It On. And then Mean Girls. After that, I couldn’t handle any more chick flicks, whether I like them or not. Haven suggested we watch a new movie. She got up to change the discs, and I waited to see what movie she had chosen.

“Oh you have got to be kidding me.” I laughed, as the menu for The Lost Boys popped up.

“I thought it was appropriate.” Haven said, sticking out her tongue at me. I just rolled my eyes and we started the movie. I had to admit, although it got vampires totally wrong, this movie was one of my favorites. We were quiet for the beginning of the movie, totally focused on what was happening. Haven knew all the lines and occasionally spoke along, which made me laugh.

“See that’s me.” She said, pointing to Star on the screen.

“How is that you?”

“Because I live with vampires, just like she does.”

“Ha funny,” I said rolling my eyes. “But there is no little kid living with us.” She looked at me like I was missing something.

“What do you think Ryan is?” she asked, with a completely straight face. We finally reached the part where Michael starts turning into a vampire, and it takes me a couple minutes before I notice that Haven is more focused on me that she is the movie.

“What?” I turn to her, raising an eyebrow.

“When did you become a vampire?” The question caught me off guard.

“2009.” I could see the shocked look on her face, but I didn’t elaborate.

“But that’s… two years ago.”I refrained from telling Haven that she was pointing out the obvious, instead I just nodded. “What happened?”

“I chose to become a vampire.” At that she let out a quiet gasp, although it was rather loud to me. “Freshmen year I came to this school and was lucky enough to get Ryan and Aaron as roommates. They were awesome. They were the family I had always wanted. You see, I didn’t have a very good home life. At all. My father was abusive, and my mom was an alcoholic, and there were always shady guys coming to see my mother and drug dealers to see my father. A lot of times my father wasn’t home when the dealers came to collect, and that left me to take the punishment in his place. I was thirteen the first time it happened, and I got three broken ribs out of it. You can imagine then, how amazing it was to come here. I had never felt so safe in my life. It wasn’t long until I became best friends with the Ryan and Aaron, and it also wasn’t long before I figured out what they were. After a lot of convincing and even a little begging on my part, they let me become a vampire so I would never have to return home.”

“Ryan and Aaron turned you?” she asked, looking completely astonished.

“No, no, no,” I let out a little chuckle. “I don’t think they could do that, it would probably haunt them for the rest of their existences. No, they took me to and old… friend of Aaron’s, one who has no problem turning people, and he was the one that turned me.”

“I’m sorry Danny.” She said, but it was barely above a whisper. She pulled me into a hug. At that moment I could really see why Aaron and Ryan liked her (although Aaron would never admit it) and I wished I did too. She would be really easy to like. But I believed in Soulmates, and Haven was definitely not mine. Maybe like a soul-friend. Ha.

“Did it hurt?” she asked me.

“Did what hurt? When I fell from Heaven?” I joked, winking at her. She playfully slapped me on the arm.

“No dumbass, when you turned.” I thought back to that day, and I laughed a little.

“I suppose, Ryan electrocuted me.”

“He what?!” Haven asked me, completely shocked.

“Aaron’s friend gave me his blood, but it was up to Ryan to kill me. And since he is so creative, he thought it would be fun if I were to jump into the pool. While holding a stereo that was plugged in.”

“That’s awful!” Haven exclaimed.

“Yeah, but at least it was an interesting way to die.” We laughed and then turned back to the movie, which we watched until the others came home.