Chapter 38 °IN THE DARK°

Seoyun's pov
Jooah left after a brief bye and we were heading to the parking lot where our respective cars were parked to go home. When we were walking on the corridor that leads to the parking lot, a boy's voice loudly called out "Chogiyo! Infinite hyungtul! Noona! Chamshimanyo!!" We all turned around and saw a boy running towards us. Sungyeol leaned against the guard rail waiting for the boy to reach us while others looked at him bluntly.

When he reached us, he gasped for air placing his hands on his knees for few seconds. After a bit of relaxation, he said "Noona! Anne saem summoned Sungyeol ssi, Woohyun ssi, Myungsoo ssi and noona now!" I looked at the respective persons furrowing eyebrows thinking 'Anne saem? I guess she handles only the 12-1 class, but why is she asking for us?' while Woohyun replied "Arraso! Thanks for informing." The boy quickly went away while Sungjong said "Kurae, Noona and you hyungs go back while Sunggyu hyung, Dongwoo hyung and I leave." Gyu oppa and Jjang oppa nodded smiling and left the four of us behind.

Woohyun frustratingly ruffled his hair and mumbled "Ah! Wae! Even I wanna head home and kiss my bed right now. Aish!" Sungyeol who was leaning on the rail, replied "Come on! We will hurry up and go. Lets not waste time just whining here." With this we headed to the staff room. There was a foreign lady,who I assume to be Anne saem, was flipping papers going through them carefully. When she saw us entering the room, she said "Ethura. You were the ones who wrote a review on 'PS I Love You' right?"

We nodded while she stood up and walked towards us asking "So who contributed what in this work? Well I know Myungsoo did the presentation, what about the others?" Sungyeol first answered "I wrote about the author, saem." Woohyun added "I described the plot, saem." She looked at me while I replied "I explained the feel of the story emphasized by the author through the protagonists, saem." She nodded and questioned me "So, what is the feel she's talking about?"

I replied "Its a complicated but plain, sorrowful yet loving feel saem." She smiled at me lifting an eyebrow and said "Can you elaborate it Park Seoyun?" I nodded and stated "The author portrays a person's feeling of losing someone special to them all of a sudden. A feeling of being thrown out in the dark, the only source of light being snatched away from them that they are unable to decide how to react or move on. While the other person, even though they are awaiting their nearing death to engulf them, struggling with loads of pain both physically and mentally, when they are about to meet the grim reaper yet they have thier concern and care for their one special person, wanting them to learn to move on from the non-existing them when thier time is no more in this cruel world from which they have protected thier beloved one until their last breath."

Sungyeol's pov
I was really astonished and dumbstruck when Seoyun explained the feel of the story. Each and every single word stated by her had a true hidden feeling attached with it as if she's gone through the same. When she completed her explanation, Anne saem clapped smiling while we joined her in appreciating Seoyun. Saem then said "I was greatly impressed by your work guys. So I have enrolled you for the International literature competition held next week." We all looked at her shocked while she chuckled and said "So I want you guys to improve the contents into something lively and the style of writing into something great. Fix these quick and submit it to me by tomorrow."

We all nodded and bowed 90° before walking away from the staff room. Woohyun whined on the way back to the parking lot, "Omg! I think I really can't kiss my bed any time soon." Myungsoo chuckled and said "Yeah! She's asking us to improvise the work and submit it by tomorrow, which means we will have to spend the remaining hours of this day banging our heads alone when we head home." I looked at him and stated "Why do this alone Myungsoo-ah? We four will head to my home now and do this together. Call?" Myungsoo nodded while Woohyun questioned "But Ajhussi and Ajhumma must've gone to that wedding right? Is it ok if we come?"