Y is for Young Love Ruined

{Harry and Louis were in love once. Years of hiding pushed them apart}

Louis: 27
Harry: 25

Word count: 1725

•••

Harry and Louis hadn't talked in 3 years.

Not since the band went their own ways.

Not since he had a baby with some random girl.

Not even when Louis' mom died, Harry couldn't find the courage to even send an apologetic text.

He figured Louis was getting enough of those from all the fans.

2015 was their downfall.

It just seemed like all the bandmates were sick of each other and just needed time apart, seeing as though Zayn was doing quite well without them.

So after a lot of talking, they decided amongst themselves to go their separate ways.

At first, they called it a hiatus, said they'd be back together in a short time.

But as each of them started writing alone and getting the well-deserved praise they needed for themselves, they really drifted apart.

Harry and Louis were barely seeing each other and mostly fighting when they did.

The spark was gone and one night, they had their biggest fight of all. Neither of them could even remember now what it was about or how it started, but that was when Louis went out to bar to drink away his problems and met Briana.

And that was Louis' biggest mistake, the one that finalized the end of his and Harry's relationship.

The day after, Harry went over to Louis' to apologize and try to make things right.

A short blond woman answered the door and Harry didn't even have to ask what happened.

She was wearing one of Louis' t shirts.

Harry's favourite one to be exact.

So he left.

He got a new phone, new number, so he could move on and forget all about it.

Until a few months later, several articles were popping up and being sent to him.

Louis' one night stand was pregnant.

From that point on, Harry was done hiding who he was.

He was done hiding behind some homophobic management team, who cared more about money than someone's happiness.

Liam and Niall would text him occasionally to check in, but other than that, the last few years were erased from his memory.

Until March 14th, 2019.