T is for Tampons

{In which Harry and Louis' daughter asks them to get her tampons}

Louis: 38
Harry: 36

Word count: 642

(Daughter is the pic below)

•••

"Hey, dads?"

Both Harry and Louis looked over from the tv to see their daughter, Ella, standing there with a shy look on her face.

"What's up, hun?" Harry asked, sitting up from where he was laying against Louis.

"Um, would one of you be able to go get me some, uh, lady products?"

Louis wanted to pass out. He hated thinking about his little girl growing up and puberty was just the start.

On the other hand, Harry was pretty calm when it came to these things. He figured it must be hard to not have a mom to talk to, so he tried not to freak out as much as Louis did.

"Yeah, of course. Do you know what kind you need?"

"Um, just the regular tampons I guess?" She looked so awkward, her bright blue eyes avoiding both her parents.

"Okay, hun, will do."

With that, she basically ran back upstairs, leaving Harry to calm Louis down.

"Tampons? What's next? Her wedding day?" Louis said dramatically as he stood up from the couch with a huff.

Harry couldn't help but laugh and put his hands on his husband's shoulders. "Love, she's 12. Don't get ahead of yourself."

"Can't she just stay a baby forever?" Louis pouted.

"I'm afraid not, Lou."

"Fine. Let's go get our almost-teenager some stupid tampons," Louis agreed - again, dramatically.

And yet again, Harry laughed.

It was hard to believe Louis was 38 sometimes, when he acted childish like this.

But oh well, Harry loved him anyways.

~

The two boys stared at the wall of feminine products, so confused on what to buy.

"What does regular even mean? There's like 500 choices," Harry said with a puzzled face.

Louis didn't even know how to respond.

"Would it be weird to ask an employee for help?"

Just then, a random older woman walked over with a smile. "Do you boys need some help? You look awfully confused."

"Yes, please," Louis basically begged.

"Our daughter just got her first period and asked us to come here and we have no idea what to get," Harry explained and was relieved to see the woman didn't get grossed out or offended by them being married.

"Okay, you boys just need the regular ones here," she grabbed a pink box that had 'regular' on it highlighted in yellow.

Harry took it with a grateful smile.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem, dear. Now good luck to you two, these next years are the toughest."

The two boys smiled and the kind lady walked off.

"Oh man, this makes me feel so old," Louis groaned.

"You're still a hot 18 year old to me," Harry kissed his cheek and Louis smiled.

And with that, they paid and headed home.

"Thanks," Ella mumbled as she took the tampons from her dads and was about to run off.

But she saw both of them tearing up and rolled her eyes, returning to hug them both.

"You're both big babies, but thank you, I love you," she said, a sassy, yet sincere tone in her voice.

She was so like Louis.

"We love you too," Harry said, hugging his daughter tightly.

With that, she ran upstairs.

The two returned to the living room and Harry laid down with his head on Louis' lap, looking up at him as the older boy played with his curls.

"You know, we always talked about having two kids, and just never did.." Harry said, fiddling with Louis' t shirt.

"That's because we got very overwhelmed with Ella."

"I want another one," Harry blurted out, being as blunt as possible.

"You know what, love?"

Harry looked up at his husband nervously.

"I do too."