36

~Mia's pov~

Can this day get any worse?

Tears leaked down my eyes as I saw my baby boy fall to the floor.

"Alexander!" I cried out in agony, my voice croaked out. I knelt on the floor holding him closely to my chest.

Imagine witnessing a mother, struggling to hold on to her insanity, clutching her baby tightly, watching her only child slowly losing consciousness, laying down on his own blood and crying hysterically for his mother.

"Mom- it hurts- so much." Alexander whimpered out, laying on his side and crying out.

"I know baby, I know. Just stay awake for me." I pleaded, feeling his tiny little hands holding on to me for dear life.

"Mom, I feel so sleepy." He said sadly, his eyes droopy.

"Baby, baby, stay up. Stay up, please." I cried harder.

Please, whoever is listening- may the odds be in my favor once in my life. This is all I could ever ask for.

I couldn't hear anything in the background. Even when multiple boxes, glasses, and other objects broke around us- I didn't notice. My entire focus was on this little one in my arms.

His eyes slowly closed and I felt my heart stop. My first instinct was to slap him lightly in the face. His eyes slowly opened up, he gave me a frown.

"Mommy, I want to sleep." He snuggled closer to my chest- his blood staining my clothing.

"Hey, hey. Wake up. Don't leave me." I cried out even harder.

His eyebrows creased in confusion.

"Leave? I will never leave you mommy. I'll protect you with my enti-" He stopped mid-sentence and hissed in pain.

Instinctively, I quickly took off my shirt- not caring if someone saw. I just put it on his stomach to stop the bleeding as much as possible.

"Mo-"

"Shh, be quiet. Save your energy and do everything you can to stay awake." I ordered him, seeing him still confused.

"Why-"

"Please." I begged him, the tears never stopping. He gave me a small nod and I see him fighting to try to stay awake.

I finally glanced away from Alexander and was startled when I saw the chaos. Blood mixed with shattered glass stained the floor. I see Logan with blooding trickling down his forehead trying to escape but was tackled to the ground by something I didn't recognize. I was terrified to say the least. I wanted to get out of here and protect my baby- but I was helpless. I was a human being with no special powers. I would only be a burden.

I looked around, trying to find anything that could help Alexander. I heard a gunshot and tensed up. I looked to the side and saw my father pointing the gun in the air while Daniel was on top of him trying to bite his head off. Confused, I looked up and gasped.

My father shot a thick piece of rope on the ceiling that was holding a big heavy metal container. I saw all the bolts quickly falling to the ground and multiple ropes snapped. Next thing I know- the metal container was falling down on Alexander and I.

I held him tight and closed my eyes- waiting for the impact to come- my body protecting Alexander so that I would get most of the impact but it never came.

I looked up and saw Jake holding the container: his eyes glowing crimson. It was so scary and when he snapped him eyes towards me I cowered back in fear.