23

(1k words)

~Zach's pov~

I rinsed my mouth with the sink water and walked- no- stumbled into the hospital room. I gained balance when I held onto the door frame. I looked up and I was pretty sure Daniel and Jonah didn't notice me stumbling into the room. They were so focused on something I was soon to find out.

Mia laid on the hospital bed with wires attached to her, the beeping of the monitor and the ticking of the clock was getting really irritating. I felt the goosebumps prick at my skin, making me run my hands up and down my arms.

I saw the extra blue plastic chairs lined up by the wall, but I didn't get one. Instead I just leaned against the cold wall. I'd rather stand and roam around the room; pacing, rather than sitting down on the uncomfortable plastic chair.

I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes, taking in all that has happened. The ticking kept going as well as the beeping. I counted the ticking in my head.

72..

73..

74..

I was about to count the seventy-fifth tick until I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and saw the caller I.D which made me annoyed and a bit angry. I quietly got out of the room and answered the call.

"What do you want Aspen?" My annoyed voice said.

"I miss you."

"Aspen, we've been over this."

"But-"

"No. We're done. I've moved on." 

My mind went back to when we were dating. We dated for a little while, because I tried to get my thoughts off of Mia. Even if it was just for a bit. Turns out that she had been leading me on- and cheated behind my back with a so called "friend". It completely disgusts me until this day, finding out that she cheated. I was heading towards her dorm after a long day in the studio to find her locking lips with a guy on the couch. I broke it off at that exact moment. 

But for some reason- the thought of us not being together can't get through her thick minded head. She didn't stop calling me for days, and when I finally picked up- she acted as if nothing had happened. I hated the fact that she managed to break my heart. I hated it. 

I went to a bar that night and drank my sorrows away. I remember that was the day I met my very close friend: Kay. She was there with a few of her friends just drinking the night away until she approached me and asked me for my number. And drunk me thought it was a great idea to give it to her. And- to be honest- I am happy that I gave my number.

Kay is one of my best friends and we have on and off feelings.

"Zach!" Aspen's voice snapped me out of my reverie.

"What?"

"Were you even listening to me?" Aspen whined, clearly wanting attention from me.

"Aspen, I will repeat it on last time- we are over." I made sure to say the words one by one, making sure she heard every single word that came out of my mouth.

"Zach.."

"Bye Aspen." I hung up on her.

I went back into the room and saw that Corbyn and Jack decided to join in inside the room. When you think about it- it's kind of a curse to have a mate. For example- Jack has a child with Gabbie, and Corbyn has two children with Christina. They've tried to move on- but they can't. We would always be stuck with Mia whether we liked it or not.

She had our hearts in her hands.

And we had hers. And unfortunately- we shattered and broke it into millions of pieces.

That's when I heard it. The long beep of the monitor, made my heart stop at the same time.

"Mia- Wake up!" I heard Jonah cry out.

"Zach! Call a nurse- doctor- someone!" Corbyn ordered me, standing up from the chair to stand next to Mia's side.

Jack stopped leaning against the wall and rushed out with me. We ran as fast as we could and called out for help- the nurses and a doctor rushed past us and ran their way to the hospital room. My heart was pounding in my chest and the beeping was ringing in my ears. 

I just want her to be okay. 

~~~~~

~Mia's pov~

The annoying beeping sound was there again. It was getting louder every second. I wanted to make it stop. It was going to burst my eardrums.

Shut up...

The beeping just got louder- it was annoying me. So much.

Shut up.

It got louder- I'm pretty sure my ears are starting to ring of how loud the beeping was. It was like it was mocking me. Mocking me that I came back.

SHUT UP.

It was like the same thing before I entered the other world to meet my mother. A flash of white light blinded my vision- which made me screw my eyes shut. 

My eyes shot open and I gasped for air. I greedily sucked in all the air and exhaled. I was panting really hard, like I had just ran a whole kilometer. I blinked rapidly, trying to adjust to the new lighting. I looked around and saw nurses near me, and the doctor brought his arm to his forehead- wiping off the bead of sweat that dripped down the side of his face.

"Ms. Hudson, how are you feeling?" He asked me.

"Where am I?" I asked him back.

"You're in the hospital."

I felt myself become anxious, like Jake was here- watching. 

"He's coming back." I said quietly.

"Who's coming back?" The doctor asked, concerned.

I looked him dead in the eye and then replied,

"Jake Paul."

________________________________________________________________________________A/n - And I want to say Happy 18th Birthday to the one and only- ZACHARY DEAN HERRON! I can't believe he's already 18. I just finished with my exams and your girl got highest in my English exam (92%) and for the Math Exam I got (93%), I think. At least your girl passed her exams so I don't have to worry until the next one- and projects. Just so you guys know- I just finished my homework and it is currently 9:09 pm where I'm living right now and I have to sleep in like 5 minutes. Anyway, hopefully you liked this update and don't forget to stay positive!

Once again, Happy Birthday to Zachary Dean Herron (And anyone who had their birthday's recently or later on this year), and love ya'll!

Until the next update, Bai~!