6

~Logan's pov~

Run.

My legs are burning, but I ignore the pain.

Keep running.

I'm becoming breathless and tired, but I kept going.

You need to keep running.

I keep telling myself.

Keep running to live.

I keep motivating myself to run.

I need to stay alive.

I ran for my life, running faster than I did before. If you were wondering what had happened...

Let me tell you.

*****

5 years ago, when Mia Hudson left. Everything went chaotic. When I arrived at work, people were freaking out, throwing important documents into the air, screaming and yelling. They were terrified of something, but they wouldn't tell me what it was about. They kept rummaging through paper work and trying to find a way out of the office.

"Has anyone tried to open the door?" I said calmly.

"Of course we had idiot! Wouldn't we be out of here if it was open already?!" My colleague, Jefferson exclaimed. Running his hand through his hair the one millionth time today. Frustrated, I finally gripped onto his shoulder making him stop freaking out and looking at me.

"What. Is. Going. On?!" I finally let out, desperate to know atleast a bit.

He let out a small sigh, "I-"

Before he could let any other words out, the door slammed open, hitting some of my other colleagues in the face or shoulder. Everyone became quiet seeing our boss in front of all of us. The door slammed shut before any one of us could get out.

"Listen up!" Her voice shrieked, possibly breaking some eardrums.

Cathryn Charyll.

She is our boss. She is bossy, bratty, and most of all annoying. Her father gave her his company, which to me, is a huge mistake. She doesn't know what to do, flirts with co-workers, and is an over-all gold digger, even when she has money from her parents.

"Okay, so I'm here to inform you guys on what's going on. Mia Hudson, our prized possession, has somehow gone off our radar, and is now somewhere we don't know of. Currently, if we don't find her in the next 48 hours, we'll be getting sued from none other than Mark Hudson. He will sue us for more than $5 million. Mark Hudson says that if his daughter is in the wrong hands...." Her voice trailed off, becoming faint.

She pushed one of her loose blonde curls behind her ear, "Anyway... We need to get back to work. No one is leaving! That's an order from me and my father." Cathryn declared.

Whispers and gossip finally exploded,

"Who is Mia Hudson?"

"Was she that youtuber that went missing?"

"We don't have the financial stability if he sues us!"

"How much do you think we'll get if we find her?"

Suddenly, a voice spoke out, not whispering like the others.

"I know who helped her escape." A female's voice spoke, her tone filled with authority.

A shiver went down my spine and my throat tightened. I swallowed my saliva slowly. Before I turned to look at her, I already knew who it was.

Camryn Charyll.

Camryn is the complete opposite of Cathryn. Camryn Charyll is a few minutes younger than Cathryn, but she means business. She is serious and she doesn't play around. She is the forgotton child, it is surprising that no one knew of her existence, even if she's our boss's twin sister. I sometimes wonder why they didn't switch rolls. Camryn would be a great boss, while Cathryn could be partying or something that isn't business work.

"Who is it Camryn?" Cathryn replied.

Camryn's eyes scanned through the trembling crowd. Eyeing all of us in the eye, giving us goosebumps and shivers.

"Who is it Camryn?" Cathryn asked again, her voice shrieking.

"It is-" Camryn was about to continue, but Jefferson interrupted.

"LOOK OUT!" Before the twins could apprehend anything, a huge log bursted through the window. Glass shattering everywhere. People in black clothing with guns started to file in, holding their guns.

"HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD AND ON THE FLOOR NOW! I REPEAT, HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD AND ON THE FLOOR NOW!" One of the people that held a gun commanded. We quickly followed what he said.

"Where are the Charyll's?" He demanded, grabbing Jefferson's shirt and pulling him off the ground.

"I-I" He stammered.

"Tell me now," The guy reloaded his gun, "and you won't be killed." He pointed it to Jefferson's head.

"They're over there okay?!" He pointed in the direction of the Charyll twins. The guys let go of Jefferson, making him fall to the ground.

I looked at the broken window, guarded by 2 guys. Each holding guns in their hands. Then 2 gunshots were heard, one petrified scream, lastly two bloodied and dead bodies of the Charyll twins. The chaos errupted, everyone shoving each other, punching, kicking, smacking, and some getting under desks to be protected.

"OPEN FIRE!"

Gun shots and screams were everywhere. Blood splattered the floor, and stained the walls. Everyone was too busy and scared to notice that the people guarding the window were not paying attention.

I ran out of my spot, and out the window. They yelled saying that I escaped, but I didn't dare look back. I just kept running and running. I ran until I reached home, and I will never forget the cries of my colleagues and co-workers.

*****

I still remember that day so clearly, I'm running now, because they found me again. The people that killed my boss and friends found me when I got off the phone call with Mia and I was walking to my apartment. I ran straight to the woods. They are still following me.

Keep running.

I encourage myself over and over again. I hear the screams of my friends ringing and echoing in my ear. Making me run faster. I used all of my vampire speed, so I had to run manually. Turns out, that they could runs as fast as me in vampire speed. I guessed that they were vampires too.

They killed my friends.

They had families back home.

They had children.

They deserved to live.

But those people killed them.

What else could I say? There's one sentence in my head to answer that question...

I'm a survivor.

______________________________________

A/n - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEE!! WHOOP WHOOP!! Yassss, now I am 12 years old. Hehehhe... Hopefully you guys liked the chapter! This is a 1000+ word special, so... hehehehe...
Anyways, thank you so much for all the support and nice comments! Thank you for voting, and making me reach 80k+ in the first book, and 3k+ in this book!

Just wanted to say Happy Advance/Belated Birthday to all the people born in December! (And other months, just saying December cuz it's my bday month.)

Until the next chapter... BAIII!