32

(1,600+ words)

~Daniel's pov~

We stood infront of a fence that was broken, with a pair of pliers on the ground. From what I could tell; the pliers were still in good shape and the iron was still shiny with no rust on it.

Which meant that someone broke in recently.

"Someone broke in recently. Like just a few minute ago. An hour or two at its maximum." I told them, crouching down inspecting the tool and the cut in the fence.

Corbyn crouched next to me, picking up the tool.

"Daniel's right. I'm taking a wild guess saying that it was cut just thirty to forty-five minutes ago." Corbyn mumbled, standing up and offered a hand which I gratefully took and pulled myself up.

"Let's get going then." Jonah said, his built form managed to get through the fence and we followed along, walking behind him as we made our way to the factory.

I was getting extremely suspicious and nervous as I saw the chain that held the doors together on the floor; broken. Analyzing it; fifteen to twenty minutes ago.

Zach, Jonah and Jack were completely oblivious to this and marched inside with their confidence while Corbyn and I stayed behind, cautious to take a step inside.

I had a bad feeling in my gut, and this past five years- my gut is never wrong.

Surprisingly enough, the room was completely empty; everything was wiped out. No cob-webs, no boxes, nothing.

My eyes did a clean sweep around the room; it seemed safe. Just when I took a step forward my leg got caught on something and immediately I was sent flying to the sky.

A shocked yelp escaped my lips as well as the other guys who were also hanging upside-down beside me. I felt my blood rush down to my face; feeling dizzy.

"Wow, that was easy." I heard someone say from below me.

I looked up, seeing a man with jet black hair wearing a tuxedo as well as a maroon tie. He looked up at us smirking while clapping his hands.

"I guess I didn't need the bait after all." He said, whistling for someone to come out.

Logan came out with a chair on wheels and Mia was attached on it with hand cuffs and tape. Her mouth was duct taped and she struggled in the seat- trying to get out.

The man walked over to Mia and put a finger under her chin and lifted her face up to look at her in the eyes.

"Just know that we're not done with you yet." And with that said; he pulled the tape from her mouth and her painful cry was heard.

I cringed at the sound, my urge to protect her getting the best of me. I took a deep breath- and with all my might I lifted myself up and held onto the chain that held my foot.

My hands held on the chain and tried to find a way to break it.

"You know Daniel, if you think logically- once you break that chain off, you'll fall and probably break your leg from that position. I have Logan here to tie you back up, so stop trying."

I never give up for the ones I love.

I did my best trying to think of a way to get down and saw a box near me that was open and filled with pillows. If I managed to get a little momentum and break the chain at the perfect timing- I can make it.

I moved my hips and slowly swayed back and forth. Little by little- I managed to get the right enough of speed to get into the box; according to my calculations. I looked down at the man seeing him looking up at me in amusement. I looked away from him and kept my mind focused. With one final swing- I broke the chain with my hands.